Sleazy Agent

So just misrepresentation? Wow I didn't know that they weren't covered by E&O. So then you would need an umbrella policy for that?

It covers mistakes, I also believe it will defend you against false accusations, but don't quote me on that.

I don't believe anything will cover you for illegal activities. It may defend you until such time as you are found guilty, but they won't pay damages. Again, don't quote me, but E&O will only represent you in civil court, not criminal.

Newby, too long! Great guess on which carrier I used to work for though. Norway, not in CA, but the agent could get into some trouble if this lady complained. I usually try and smooth things over with clients who want to file complaints against other agents. But agents like that one pretty much deserve it as I'm sure he's screwing other people too.

It really wasn't a guess. I've heard that story many times.

I didn't think they would be in criminal court if she sued him

True.

He might get a defense from his E&O, but that is about it. They aren't going to pay for his twisting and turning, those are intentional acts. Read your coverage to be sure for yourself.

I really only have 2 options.

1. Replace the life policies (if I can health and suitability wise), have her threaten the home office with a complaint to put her LTCi back to how it was.

2. Have her file the DOI complaint. I won't touch replacing the life while there is an active DOI complaint, even though it wouldn't be against me.

I really only have 2 options.

1. Replace the life policies (if I can health and suitability wise), have her threaten the home office with a complaint to put her LTCi back to how it was.

2. Have her file the DOI complaint. I won't touch replacing the life while there is an active DOI complaint, even though it wouldn't be against me.

Option 3 find another client. Let's face it probably the best option for the client is to have the LTC policy put back to were it was and that does what for you?

Your going to spend a lot of time on this and I can see the writing on the wall **** is going to be tossed and you will be lucky not to get splattered and for what?

If it was me and my nonsolicitation was over and I really had waited the 2 years or whatever I would be calling on those clients with needs I could fix ie medsup you should be able to blow them away pricewise make sure your going to get paid first then maybe fix the small issues.

While your option may be the easiest, I feel obligated to helping get it straightened out. She and her late husband are some of the nicest people I've ever dealt with. I fish their 2acre pond that is packed with slab crappie, she sends my family Christmas cards, etc.

We'll see where it goes. I'll likely just fix what I can and leave it be.

Just remember, you didn't break it. Don't get wrapped up if you can't really fix it either.

While your option may be the easiest, I feel obligated to helping get it straightened out. She and her late husband are some of the nicest people I've ever dealt with. I fish their 2acre pond that is packed with slab crappie, she sends my family Christmas cards, etc.

We'll see where it goes. I'll likely just fix what I can and leave it be.

You never know what paying it forward can do for you. You might get a referral or two out of it at the very most.

Back