Transamerica Changes

TransAmerica will be temporarily suspending the sale of their 3% Compound inflation rider from their TransCare II and TransCare III LTC products in ALL STATES.

TransAmerica will continue to offer Deferred BIO, 3% Step-Rated, 5% Step-Rated, Tailored cola (in states where TransCare III is sold) and 5% Compound.

Going forward TransAmerica is reducing the agent compensation when 5% Compound is sold. Agents will receive compensation on only the base premium - not the cost of the rider.

TransAmerica will be temporarily suspending the sale of their 3% Compound inflation rider from their TransCare II and TransCare III LTC products in ALL STATES.

TransAmerica will continue to offer Deferred BIO, 3% Step-Rated, 5% Step-Rated, Tailored cola (in states where TransCare III is sold) and 5% Compound.

Going forward TransAmerica is reducing the agent compensation when 5% Compound is sold. Agents will receive compensation on only the base premium - not the cost of the rider.

You would think they would quit offering 5% compound and leave the 3%...but I'll assume there is a regulation that says they have to offer it so the client can decline to take it on the application form due to the cost.

As long as MOO and others do not follow suit, it matters not to me.

originally posted by yankee466

You would think they would quit offering 5% compound and leave the 3%...but I'll assume there is a regulation that says they have to offer it so the client can decline to take it on the application form due to the cost.

As long as MOO and others do not follow suit, it matters not to me.

The problem is for those agents that still do spreadsheet (or StrateCision) comparisons.

Now, you can't match up apples-to-apples. Same thing with Hancock which doesn't offer 3% cmp. either.

originally posted by yankee466

The problem is for those agents that still do spreadsheet (or StrateCision) comparisons.

Now, you can't match up apples-to-apples. Same thing with Hancock which doesn't offer 3% cmp. either.

Does not matter. The only purpose of stratecision is to quickly sort premiums. You do not need JH or Tranny to show up in a spreadsheet to do this.

Back