What is LTC Insurance?

Gem12lsj

What exactly is it? and isn't my normal health insurance enough?Can someone point me to some unbiased articles about this?

Last edited:
What exactly is it? and isn't my normal health insurance enough?Can someone point me to some unbiased articles about this?

It's very simple. Health insurance does not cover long term care.

Health insurance covers doctors that are trying to cure you of illnesses and disease or other health concerns that can be improved.

Long term care insurance pays to help you when you can not perform the activities of daily living. Feeding yourself, bathing yourself, going to the rest room, taking your medications, general mobility, etc.

The next question is...doesn't hospice cover this? No. Hospice treats you for pain when you are at the end of your life and they have given up on any cure. They are basically waiting for you to die and helping you to die in comfort.

You may live for many years without being able to walk around and care for yourself.

The best way to get further information is not a website or brochures. Call a local agent and meet face to face. You might call a few local assisted living facilities to get names of agents in your area.

It's very simple. Health insurance does not cover long term care.

Health insurance covers doctors that are trying to cure you of illnesses and disease or other health concerns that can be improved.

Long term care insurance pays to help you when you can not perform the activities of daily living. Feeding yourself, bathing yourself, going to the rest room, taking your medications, general mobility, etc.

The next question is...doesn't hospice cover this? No. Hospice treats you for pain when you are at the end of your life and they have given up on any cure. They are basically waiting for you to die and helping you to die in comfort.

You may live for many years without being able to walk around and care for yourself.

The best way to get further information is not a website or brochures. Call a local agent and meet face to face. You might call a few local assisted living facilities to get names of agents in your area.

OK. thanks for the summary.

----------

Are you a licensed agent?

No

(sentence too short)

LTC insurance means long tern care insurance, pays you when you are not able to perform your daily activities.

Long term care (LTC) insurance is a type of insurance policy that secures long term care financing, it covers services that are NOT covered by health insurance like assistance in doing or performing daily activities (including but not limited to eating, bathing and dressing) in various settings like home, ALF or nursing homes. Health care only covers skilled care for a limited period of time, unlike long term care which covers continuous care for extended period of time, this is usually associated with chronic illnesses but you don't need to be necessarily ill but when you are no longer able to perform at least two of basic daily activities. :)

----------

Long term care (LTC) insurance is a type of insurance policy that secures long term care financing, it covers services that are NOT covered by health insurance like assistance in doing or performing daily activities (including but not limited to eating, bathing and dressing) in various settings like home, ALF or nursing homes. Health care only covers skilled care for a limited period of time, unlike long term care which covers continuous care for extended period of time, this is usually associated with chronic illnesses but you don't need to be necessarily ill but when you are no longer able to perform at least two of basic daily activities. :)

Back