When Premiums > Benefits

Herman, which underwriter best for 2 person group, 2 kids in Fulton County?!?!

keep in mind that UW is a thing of the past for individual and group health....so I'll assume you meant carrier.

If you go group, lots of great networks from all the carriers. BCBS is generally my go to carrier.......but they should all do 2 person groups.

On individual market, you can get BCBS Open Access POS network......which may work for texas too....but not positive at this time. If nothing else, they handle out of network with a higher OOP...as opposed to SOL. :yes:

You can call the specific doctor and ask.

Would an electrophysiologist in Austin Tx be covered in network by a BCBS of GA policy?

You can call them and request Doctors/Hospitals be approved that aren't in their network. If the out of state Doctor performs something you can't get done locally, there's a good chance they'll approve him.

Would an electrophysiologist in Austin Tx be covered in network by a BCBS of GA policy?

If you get a plan with BCBS national POS network (which is most normal BCBS group plans, but not the cut rate "local" plans with a tiny local network), then you will have the largest national network in the US. Individual networks and group networks are like night and day these days.

I have one group health client with locations in 5 states, spread out from coast to coast. They use BCBS group and have had zero issues with the network.

Find out if the doc in TX is on BCBS POS networks (you can look it up online via BCBS website). If so, a BCBS group policy from GA should cover him.

You can call them and request Doctors/Hospitals be approved that aren't in their network. If the out of state Doctor performs something you can't get done locally, there's a good chance they'll approve him.

Yea, that wont probably work. Hey Mr Claims Guy, the head of Emory failed me twice, but now I want to go to the best doc in the world but he is not in your network?! Can you hook me up?!

Cant see them caring.....

----------

keep in mind that UW is a thing of the past for individual and group health....so I'll assume you meant carrier.

If you go group, lots of great networks from all the carriers. BCBS is generally my go to carrier.......but they should all do 2 person groups.

On individual market, you can get BCBS Open Access POS network......which may work for texas too....but not positive at this time. If nothing else, they handle out of network with a higher OOP...as opposed to SOL. :yes:

You can call the specific doctor and ask.

Sounds like bcbs is where I need to go. Bye bye Humana. Thanks!

Yea, that wont probably work. Hey Mr Claims Guy, the head of Emory failed me twice, but now I want to go to the best doc in the world but he is not in your network?! Can you hook me up?!

Cant see them caring.....

Didn't realize that you had a "qualified" doc in your area. That sucks...have you tried getting a pre-authorization for the doc you want to go to?

I was talking BCBS when I said that.

Latest posts

Back