Does Carefirst Pay Commissions in Individual Market

Yes they do. Since you are on the Maryland exchange check with the GA that you used to get appointed. If you kept a record of your clients ask the GA how you can find out the status of the cases you submitted on the exchange. My GA had me to send a BOR (Broker of Record) form out to each CareFirst client to get their signatures.
In the DC Metro area CareFirst does not deal directly with agents but forces you to go thru a GA. There is not an agent services department.
You can also contact them on twitter at @AskCareFirst. They usually answer pretty fast. Another work around is call member services. Let them know you want to know the status for the cases you submitted on the exchange. You will need the clients name, and DOB, and address. They did not ask for the SSN. They gave me the status on all of my cases.
You will need to be proactive until you get the results you want. Make your request on both ends to the GA and to CareFirst member services and @AskCarefirst on twitter. Wait a week or two and inquire again. Keep checking with your GA about your commissions. Give them a list of all of your clients. If you want a sample of what information you may need to include on your CareFirst BOR PM me and I will send it to you.
Keep good records, name, address, phone number, DOB, selected plan, exchange application number, submission date, effective date, plan price.
With the permission of the client I take a screenshot of the last page that shows the plan they picked along with the price and the last page after they enroll that has the company contact information and give it to all of my clients as a receipt.
Also contact Maryland Health Connection if you did not receive a copy of the BOR form from them. You will need to call each client and get their subscriber number which you will need to include on the MHC BOR. I I edit the form typing in all of the information, send it to the client with a Self Addressed Stamped envelope, I highlight the signature line with a yellow highlighter with a letter letting them know that all they need to do is sign it and return it to me in the stamped envelope. This has been effective. Include a return by date in the letter. I chose a date 3 weeks from my send date. if you want a copy of the letter I'll be more than happy to send it to you.
Hope this helps.:)

Back