Med Supp Over The Phone!

Blessed

Expert
Hi everyone, does Mutual of Omaha allow any of their products to be sold over the telephone or the internet? I am most interested in the Medicare Supplement product.

If not, which Insurance companies do allow Med Supps to be sold over the telephone or the internet? Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone, does Mutual of Omaha allow any of their products to be sold over the telephone or the internet? I am most interested in the Medicare Supplement product.

If not, which Insurance companies do allow Med Supps to be sold over the telephone or the internet? Thanks for your help.

Yes, Mutual does allow sales over the phone. They have an Electronic Application that works with clients who have an internet connection. Our agents use a screen share with the clients and we help them through the process to make what might be otherwise complicated VERY simple. It works wonders with lowering the resistance to providing their private information, as they can see where their info is going and why we're asking for it.

You can see what we're doing with the screen share and why it's best to go that route here: Best Way to Use Screen Share

In addition to Mutual of Omaha, Family Life also allows electronic enrollments and Standard Life, with rates usually higher than most of the competition, allows a voice-only enrollment. The other carriers allow you to mail the forms back and forth (Gerber, Sentinel, etc.) We usually complete the PDF version of those forms, again with the client on the screen share with us to build trust and open the free flow of information needed. We then can send the PDF to them by e-mail where they can print the (usually) four pages needed for their signatures. With a toll-free fax number, they usually send these back within a couple of hours. Worst case scenario, we can print the application and mail it to them with a postage-paid envelope. When the urgency is there on their part to complete the forms while it is fresh on their mind, the e-mail/print/fax back to toll-free system works the best. Final expense info is there, too.

Let me know if I can help.
http://www.sellmedicarebyphone.com

Last edited:
Yes, Mutual does allow sales over the phone. They have an Electronic Application that works with clients who have an internet connection.

I was under the impression that an agent couldn't sell policies over the phone in FL....?

Back