Premium Changes for 2015 Announced

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Premiums for the most popular plans are increasing approximately 9%. Nine percent of a $200 premium isn't a big deal, but 9% of these already expensive ObamaCare plans is a substantial amount of $$$.

Humana only has just 6% marketshare, but is increasing their 2015 premiums by 17%. I guess that's a sure-fire way to exit a market without officially exiting a market, LOL.

What COULD be good news (if priced competitively) is that UnitedHealthCare will be on the Michigan exchange for the first time.

Full Story: 2015 Michigan health insurance rates | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
ac

Premiums for the most popular plans are increasing approximately 9%. Nine percent of a $200 premium isn't a big deal, but 9% of these already expensive ObamaCare plans is a substantial amount of $$$.

Humana only has just 6% marketshare, but is increasing their 2015 premiums by 17%. I guess that's a sure-fire way to exit a market without officially exiting a market, LOL.

What COULD be good news (if priced competitively) is that UnitedHealthCare will be on the Michigan exchange for the first time.

Full Story: 2015 Michigan health insurance rates | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
ac

Humana priced themselves low in 2014 to test the market and to buy themselves into the market. Only hmo offered. And a narrow network, and priced accordingly. I expect them to have a larger network for 2015. All of my clients that signed up with humana knew about the network size and therefore rewarded with lower premiums.

Humana has a terrible network. My agency only wrote a minimal amount of contracts with Humana this year due to the limit of the network. Sure if you make people aware of the network size and they are ok with it then great but so many agents just sold it cause it was the cheapest and messed a lot of people up do to that. If its South East Michigan I have found the best results with HAP and Blue Cross BLue Shield or Blue Care Network. On the agent side of things I would rather sell HAP any day Blue Cross IS a HUGE PAIN.

November 1, 2014

The state of Michigan has posted a 2015 Premium Estimator for residents who would like to get an idea of what 2015 will bring, before the official premiums are made available at HealthCare.gov.

Link: Marketplace Premium Estimator

Back