Midyear-2008 Lead Company Update

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
Benepath Pricey company offers exclusive leads. Background of CEO has been openly discussed on this Forum. No proven track record, but perhaps a company to watch in the future (assuming spots will still be available).

DiscountInsuranceleads.com Still one of the worst options. The price is right, but information is often inaccurate and leads are not just resold. They are resold and recycled.

HealthLeadsdirect.com Price isn't bad, but quality of leads is poor.

HometownQuotes I am very reluctant to use them as long as they keep sticking the EHealth link in the face of consumers. My personal experience with them was just average, but the staff is friendly and seemingly responsive to your needs.

InsuranceLeadz New kid on the block from Ohio. Overpriced, although customer information is accurate. Leads, however, are presented in a garbled manner. Confusing to match listed conditions to the appropriate applicant.

InsureMe They have plenty of leads, but plenty of brokers too! Your best way to utilize them is to stick with a 30-60 mile (or less) radius from your office. Quality is pretty good.

Leadco Pretty reliable company despite the EHealth link. Credit policy is superb. Although they say they specialize in marketing to the "self-employed"...this is not true. The vast majority of prospects are not self employed.

Leads4Agents.com Accuracy of applicant information is very strong. Decent filters although often, medical conditions not disclosed. Price is competitive and no EHealth link or use of affiliates. Very responsive to inquiries.

Netquote Up. Down. Up. Down. Great lead followed by three bogus (not just bad) leads. Your ROI will probably be good, but you'll have to live with the BS that Netquote pulls. Too many rotten affiliates and odd search terms, such as "Dental Insurance Quote." Credit policy has improved this year.

Prospect Zone I assume they are still one of the worst options, unless things have changed in the last few months. Income of prospects is notoriously low. Generally, they credit most requests.

Vimo Filters miss most conditions, but quantity available in many states. Live leads are available with mixed results.

Zipsearch Not bad. Not good. Accuracy of leads is sometimes an issue. Credit policy is good, unless you have their "All State" program.

And the winner is? Get a high volume - feed 'em through leadpod and let your phone ring. The real winner is any source that credits back without a lot of hassles.

Stay far away from InsureMe - 15% credit cap and you eat everything else.

Doesn't NetQuote cap at 15% also? The day an agent gets a bad phone number and is over their cap is the last day of their account I guarantee it.

I am really proud to have made the Chumps 2008 top 10 list without much damage. When will I get my plaque? It better not say Made In Lebanon on the back either...

With judicious use of their filters, Insureme has the best leads on the market.
However they also push the Ehealth Insurance link. Heavily. Also they sell each lead to 8 agents. Not a problem for me but it could be for some people. I still have an open account with them (six years now), but I will not use them as long as they keep pushing EHealth.

Selling to 8 agents is completely absurd. Expat may be highly skilled enough to deal with that - which is great, but the average agent is not. Also people tend not to answer their phone on oversold leads.

The main issue in my view is who uses affiliates. InsureMe uses affiliates very heavy - I know I sold them leads for many years. Affiliate leads are complete junk as a whole, very low quality.

There is a way to run affiliate leads in the mix but it needs to be highly monitored and controlled so your system doesn't get dumped on with a bunch of garbage which is basically what is going on industry wide.

"I am really proud to have made the Chumps 2008 top 10 list without much damage. When will I get my plaque? It better not say Made In Lebanon on the back either..."

This year, instead of a plaque, you will receive four tickets to the Texas/Oklahoma football game, three Aetna Advantage Plans golf shirts and complete Moderator privileges on this Forum for the month of August.

Chumps has been sending me health and life leads for the past 8 months as just one of the perks to joining his association. I guess I get about 9 per week and easily sell 7 or 8. He only charges me $2 per lead and for each one I don't sell he credits $14.

This is just one of the reasons his association has grown to 73,000 members in such a short time.

I'm earning so much money right now that I am buying 12 new Hummers for my friends and paying for all the gas they use for the rest of their lives. (Yeah, I'm a giver.) I also run fleet of V8s 24/7 just because I love the sound of high performance engines.

Thank you Chumps. I would not be the success I am without you!

Rick

This year, instead of a plaque, you will receive four tickets to the Texas/Oklahoma football game, three Aetna Advantage Plans golf shirts and complete Moderator privileges on this Forum for the month of August.

Well I don't like football, I do not understand the rules - to me football is to be played with... your feet... call me crazy.

The Aetna Advantage golf shirts - now there is an offer. I have asked for these for 4 years and so far all I received was two packs of Aetna gum. Humana is way ahead of them - in 4 years I have two coffee mugs. The competition is heating up.

Benepath Pricey company offers exclusive leads. Background of CEO has been openly discussed on this Forum. No proven track record, but perhaps a company to watch in the future (assuming spots will still be available).

DiscountInsuranceleads.com Still one of the worst options. The price is right, but information is often inaccurate and leads are not just resold. They are resold and recycled.

HealthLeadsdirect.com Price isn't bad, but quality of leads is poor.

HometownQuotes I am very reluctant to use them as long as they keep sticking the EHealth link in the face of consumers. My personal experience with them was just average, but the staff is friendly and seemingly responsive to your needs.

InsuranceLeadz New kid on the block from Ohio. Overpriced, although customer information is accurate. Leads, however, are presented in a garbled manner. Confusing to match listed conditions to the appropriate applicant.

InsureMe They have plenty of leads, but plenty of brokers too! Your best way to utilize them is to stick with a 30-60 mile (or less) radius from your office. Quality is pretty good.

Leadco Pretty reliable company despite the EHealth link. Credit policy is superb. Although they say they specialize in marketing to the "self-employed"...this is not true. The vast majority of prospects are not self employed.

Leads4Agents.com Accuracy of applicant information is very strong. Decent filters although often, medical conditions not disclosed. Price is competitive and no EHealth link or use of affiliates. Very responsive to inquiries.

Netquote Up. Down. Up. Down. Great lead followed by three bogus (not just bad) leads. Your ROI will probably be good, but you'll have to live with the BS that Netquote pulls. Too many rotten affiliates and odd search terms, such as "Dental Insurance Quote." Credit policy has improved this year.

Prospect Zone I assume they are still one of the worst options, unless things have changed in the last few months. Income of prospects is notoriously low. Generally, they credit most requests.

Vimo Filters miss most conditions, but quantity available in many states. Live leads are available with mixed results.

Zipsearch Not bad. Not good. Accuracy of leads is sometimes an issue. Credit policy is good, unless you have their "All State" program.
As a lead broker, it is interesting to see these ratings from agents who only buy a few a day. It's a different world altogether when you sell leads by the thousands to agents in NY who buy leads for other states, and who go through 200 leads per hour. Your rating system wouldn't carry any weight with these people.

Last edited:
Back