Anyone Know the Name of UHC's Network?

RayNY

Guru
1000 Post Club
So, 5 phone calls, 6 reps, 3 companies, a half dozen associates, and even a competing brokerage and the Exchange later, not a single person on earth can confirm the name of UnitedHealthCare's on-exchange individual product's Provider Network.

Here is the list the exchange gives when you click on the provider search:

UnitedHealthcare Options PPO
UnitedHealthcare Select HMO
UnitedHealthcare Select Plus HMO
UnitedHealthcare Select Plus
UnitedHealthcare Select
UnitedHealthcare Choice
PacifiCare SignatureElite Plus (TX/OK Employers Only)
UnitedHealthcare Choice HMO/Choice Plus HMO
UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus
M.D. IPA
M.D. IPA Preferred
Optimum Choice HMO
Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Harvard Pilgrim Options PPO
UnitedHealthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
UnitedHealthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
Harvard Pilgrim Choice
UnitedHealthcare Choice with Harvard Pilgrim
UnitedHealthcare Passport Connect Choice
Harvard Pilgrim Choice Plus
UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus with Harvard Pilgrim
UnitedHealthcare Passport Connect Choice Plus
UnitedHealthcare Core
UnitedHealthcare Navigate Plus
UnitedHealthcare Navigate/Navigate Balanced
UnitedHealthcare Navigate HMO/Navigate Balanced HMO/Navigate Plus HMO
UnitedHealthcare Compass Plus
UnitedHealthcare Compass/ Compass Balanced
UnitedHealthcare Compass HMO/ Compass Balanced HMO/Compass Plus HMO
Medica Choice with UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus
The Empire Plan - Please log in to find providers in the Empire Network

Anyone have a clue which one to use? AFAIK, it's called "compass", but as you can see, there's a half dozen listed in 3 categories. We've been warned there is a "compass" network in other states, and not to cross them.

(FYI, this totally excludes the networks branded "Oxford", the off-exchange branch of the UHC tree over here.)

Any help is much appreciated.

That link is where I got the whole list from, as you can see, there are 6 distinct "compass" networks in 3 separate categories. They were VERY careful to inform me that "compass" is a network used in other states, and to make sure it's the NY one (which I presume the "xny" of the website takes care of).

Still, can you verify which compass is right? I have a client who checked networks on their own, just to find out they did it wrong and no doctors are in their new plan. They want to check UHC (as do I), but we have no way to confirm which one is correct. It's nice that the doctor is listed, but it will be a real let down if we find that it uses the "Compass Balanced" and not the "Compass HMO" or vice-versa as they appear to be distinct networks.

Also, I don't have the time to run all 3 separately: half a dozen doctors and 4 hospitals takes a long time as it is.

That link is where I got the whole list from, as you can see, there are 6 distinct "compass" networks in 3 separate categories. They were VERY careful to inform me that "compass" is a network used in other states, and to make sure it's the NY one (which I presume the "xny" of the website takes care of).

Still, can you verify which compass is right? I have a client who checked networks on their own, just to find out they did it wrong and no doctors are in their new plan. They want to check UHC (as do I), but we have no way to confirm which one is correct. It's nice that the doctor is listed, but it will be a real let down if we find that it uses the "Compass Balanced" and not the "Compass HMO" or vice-versa as they appear to be distinct networks.

Also, I don't have the time to run all 3 separately: half a dozen doctors and 4 hospitals takes a long time as it is.

This hospital site shows that Compass uses the Oxford Liberty network. http://www.concordemed.com/index.php/your_visit/billing_insurance
Disclaimer: Im just trying to lead you in the right direction. I'm not in NY so I know next to nothing about the NY marketplace!

That's a provider, not an insurer or broker, so I don't put much weight on what they say. Doctors not knowing networks, or what networks they're in, is why I'm in this spot in the first place.

Liberty is the old network. I don't know if Compass is the new name, if Compass is a slimmed down Liberty (as almost every other carrier has done, and the reason for concern), or if Compass is bigger(unlikely).

But, as you can see, Liberty is no longer listed as an option, just 6 separate Compass's. I appreciate the help, but the client and myself have given up, assumed the compass we checked is accurate, and enrolled. Today is the cutoff, and I've exhausted my resources for obtaining an answer to what I thought was a very simple 5-second question.

That's a provider, not an insurer or broker, so I don't put much weight on what they say. Doctors not knowing networks, or what networks they're in, is why I'm in this spot in the first place.

Liberty is the old network. I don't know if Compass is the new name, if Compass is a slimmed down Liberty (as almost every other carrier has done, and the reason for concern), or if Compass is bigger(unlikely).

But, as you can see, Liberty is no longer listed as an option, just 6 separate Compass's. I appreciate the help, but the client and myself have given up, assumed the compass we checked is accurate, and enrolled. Today is the cutoff, and I've exhausted my resources for obtaining an answer to what I thought was a very simple 5-second question.

Very frustrating. Its stunning, and makes no sense to me, that UHC cannot confirm their own network. I have had similar issues getting answers from Anthem.

They're totally baffled when I speak with them, like they didn't know more than one network exists. They insist that "the exchange has the network", but it's not stated anywhere, and the "provider search" link is the one with dozens of options we both posted above.

All carriers have the same issue, this just happens to be the only one I don't have the network written out for.

Back