Broker Exchange Cert Timeline

RayNY

Guru
1000 Post Club
http://www.healthbenefitexchange.ny...Certification Course Instructions 8.22.13.pdf

We finally have some instructions.

Basically:
Aug 5th-Classes became available for SHOP.
Sept 9th- Log into a DFS portal, verify you really took the class.
Oct 1st-The exchange will send you an e-mail with log in credentials.

So, you can't do anything with your certificate besides register after Sept 9th. Since the exchange is sending the e-mail, they can, you know, just not send it if necessary. No other way to register as far as we can tell.

Additionally, this means that brokers will never get to walk through the process, see the interface, try out the quoting tools and subsidy calculators, review plans, check networks, submit "dummy" cases, or generally just get their bearings before being dropped into the OEP.

Good thing I'm one of those people who dives into pools before sticking my foot in, or this would be concerning.

NO WORD on the individual cert/verification/application/appointment/etc just yet. Rumor is, it's another $100 8CE 1 day class just like the SHOP was. With just over a month to go, it's a bit disconcerting they haven't even told us when they plan on telling us something.

>> NO WORD on the individual cert/verification/application/appointment/etc just yet. Rumor is, it's another $100 8CE 1 day class just like the SHOP was. With just over a month to go, it's a bit disconcerting they haven't even told us when they plan on telling us something.

Disconcerting it is.
Looks like the whole thing was entered into without the slightest bit of forethought toward real implementation. Now with Aetna dropping this stuff is getting worse by the day...How long before this thing is deemed a failure?

I have my mailer ready: "HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT HEALTHCARE REFORM? SO DO I."

January 2nd is the drop-dead date. If it's not working by then, we can deem it a failure.

However, they can certainly push back the deadline to 2015 before that happens. Deadlines aren't missed if you change them before they happen. Just like cookie dough has no calories because the nutrition facts are for baked cookies ;)

Back