Providers? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

Wow, I plan to deal with Suffolk County, NY businesses with regard to the new ACA regulations. Took the SHOP class and waiting for the Individual.

I just visited the site to see who's on the exchange. For small businesses, all I see are Freelancers, North Shore LIJ and Oxford. Freelancers doesn't seem to offer anything to producers, North Shore seems limited to Nassau County, and then there is Oxford.

Does this mean that all I can offer is Oxford?

On-exchange, with comp, in Suffolk? Yes.

Not sure what site you visited, but in Suffolk, as far as I know, Empire HMO (decent comp), Aetna Life (should pay comp), HIP HMO (rumor 3% comp), Managed Health (maybe supp only, no info), MVP (no info), and the Oxford/UHC variants should also be offering options.

Yes, I realize these are the "off exchange" options, and you listed our astoundingly broad choices of on-exchange carriers. In reality, VERY few Suffolk businesses qualify for the SHOP subsidies. Most of what you're going to be selling will be off-exchange anyway. The SHOP cert is just a prerequisite for the individual license as far as I'm concerned.

These are "carriers" by the way, "providers" are doctors/hospitals

Last edited:
Back