Registering for Exchange Tutorial

RayNY

Guru
1000 Post Club
NY exchange is finally working enough to log in. I've fielded hundreds of phone calls this past week with issues, so here's the walkthrough. There are a LOT of problems, but I think this process should address most of them.

1) Take your SHOP/Individual course, pass test, get certified.
1.5) Please note, steps 2-15 must be done twice, once for SHOP, once for Individual. Individual "invitation codes" have not been sent out yet.
2) Visit https://myportal.dfs.ny.gov/nylinxext/ , follow the instructions.
3) They (DFS) send you an "invitation code" by e-mail. [email protected] is the sender (it's probably in your junk or spam).
4) Go to the www.nystateofhealth.ny.gov in GOOGLE CHROME. NOTHING ELSE WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5) I repeat, ONLY WORKS IN GOOGLE CHROME www.google.com/chrome to download.
6) Click "Broker", and "Register" and follow prompts (Feel free to step 10 Log-In instead if you pre-registered)
7) Follow the prompts, they're pretty simple. Input a username, email, verify you aren't a robot by typing some numbers in a box, you know the drill.
8) Verify your e-mail account by clicking the link in the e-mail they send you.
9) MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING GOOGLE CHROME. Create a password
10) Log-In.
11) You must now Validate yourself. Enter your "invitation code" and license number (no prefix or hyphen, just the number) and click the blue submit button on the right.
12) Fill out the rest of the information (including the MANDATORY cell-phone primary contact, because we no longer have personal lives. Thanks Government.)
13) Click the blue button on the bottom right. If you're not in Chrome, this is where nothing happens. Restart the process in Chrome...
14) Agree to the contracts, and follow through the process.
15) Obtain a "token" (a numerical code they e-mail to you). It expires in 60 minutes. Yes, it looks like you must get a new one every time you log out and back in again.

For reference, you CAN'T log out after logging in. The button just doesn't do anything right now.

Now, whenever everything else starts to work, you're all set up to start doing something useful!

Clients must add you as their broker of choice during their personal account creation. It is not possible to do this, and the "broker search" does not work (neither does the doctor/hospital search, nor the formulary search). If your client makes an account without a broker, there *MAY* never be a way to BOR the account. There is a BOR letter for small group available in the "resources" section of the NYSOH website, but it is clearly only for SHOP, and says it is to be submitted on-line with the application. This implies it may not be faxed, mailed, or sent after the application.

Clients must add you as their broker of choice during their personal account creation. It is not possible to do this, and the "broker search" does not work (neither does the doctor/hospital search, nor the formulary search). If your client makes an account without a broker, there *MAY* never be a way to BOR the account. There is a BOR letter for small group available in the "resources" section of the NYSOH website, but it is clearly only for SHOP, and says it is to be submitted on-line with the application. This implies it may not be faxed, mailed, or sent after the application.

If I make add a client (individual) to my portal, I have to upload a document that they have to sign. If they make their own account, it looks like they can choose a broker- if the broker has something listed in agency affiliation it works, but if they don't, the broker can't be chosen.
Does anyone know -If the client chooses the broker via the method above, does a document still need to be uploaded?

I noticed the fact that if a broker didn't have an "agency" listed they can't be added as well. Not sure if that's a glitch or feature....

AFAIK, if the client makes an account listing you as the broker, that is all that's needed. That's what NYSOH tells me anyway. I'll confirm once cases get enrolled and we see if they pay us or not. The BOR letter is for cases where they made an account without selecting a broker, or you are doing the work on their behalf (or at least that is my understanding).

Feel free to call the NYSOH at 1-855-355-5777 and see what they tell you. I'd suggest keeping a tally of answers, I rarely get the same one twice in a row. They won't give you anything in writing, or tell you where to find it in writing, so it's all just heresay anyway.

Back