SHOP Submission Deadline Update

RayNY

Guru
1000 Post Club
NY just sent out a broker blast this morning.
On the SHOP side, 1/1 effective means 11/29 submission (yes, next Friday)
2/1 is 12/30
3/1 is 1/27
4/1 is 2/27

Moral of the story, it's basically the last business day of 2 months prior, minus a few days randomly. Full schedule is available in the "resources" section of the exchange.

Indy market is still the 15th of the prior month. (12/15 for 1/1 eff date, for example).

Last edited:
Hey RayNY, i got the same email but my 1/1 shows 11/29 next friday, im sure your post is just a typo though.

Basically if we want to get them to have coverage in time we have a littl over a work week?

Yes, you're right, small typo (obviously, didn't have to be submitted last month).

So yes, moral of the story, we have about a week to get it in, not 3. Also, there's this little holiday called Thanksgiving next week, immediately followed by Black Friday. AFAIK, darn near everyone is off on both days unless you work retail. Most business owners see it as an excuse to travel and visit family for 10 days while only missing 3 days of work.

I know a whole bunch of my broker associates are going to be gone, and I know a lot of clients are planning on being gone. Should be interesting to see who can pull off enrollments between now and Wednesday.

Back