Contract Thru Agency ????

tjwade1

Im selling health thru an agency here in NC...during the open enrollment period....my question is this ..do my commissions go to the agency then to me.....or will BCBS pay me directly...it reads in my contract that BCBS will pay the guy I contracted thru and then he will pay me.....seems risky to me..please advise....

Im selling health thru an agency here in NC...during the open enrollment period....my question is this ..do my commissions go to the agency then to me.....or will BCBS pay me directly...it reads in my contract that BCBS will pay the guy I contracted thru and then he will pay me.....seems risky to me..please advise....

That's called assigning commissions and that's a real bad thing to do unless he is supplying you with leads, office space and helping you make a lot more than you could make on your own. Also if you have terrible credit it might be a reason to assign so you could be advanced.

Other than that no. Real bad. He owns the sales, not you.

If you signed a contract, that will dictate how you are paid. I would not expect he withholds payment unless the contract explicitly identify that it can, even then you may want to discuss with attorney. Are you interested in offering other products? My agency is willing to provide direct pay for policies you sold.

BX NC only has agency contracts, so there is no other option. It's very difficult to get an agency contract now and will likely get more difficult in the future. Honestly, be thankful you can sell with them. I know they are shedding agents this summer. Times are changing in NC....

Back