What Would Happen if I Total my 800$ Car

Mrmustang1234

I am worried that I will flip my car this winter because my car is easy to tip and i was wondering what i would get from the insurance company if i total my 800 dollar car

Who would carry full coverage on an $800 car? Go with liability only. If you total it then you can sell it for $200 to a salvage yard.

Who would carry full coverage on an $800 car? Go with liability only. If you total it then you can sell it for $200 to a salvage yard.

I am on my moms insurance and she has to have full coverage so their for i have to have full coverage

I have "full coverage" on some $1,000 to $1,500 vehicles-in the sense that I have a variety of policy attributes besides liability. However collision and comprehensive have deductibles.

My thought would be that op would get what insurance company valued the old vehicle at, less the deductible for whatever coverage option would be applicable. However, my thought would also be that that would be a claim best not filed unless damage was caused by another driver with insurance.

"My mom" + "accident" = (most likely) "premium increase"

If the car is $800 and the deductible is $500 and the scrap value is $200. There is essentially only $100 coverage.

Back