Guru
5000 Post Club
  1. Aetna Life Insurance Company
  2. Anthem Blue Cross
  3. AultCare Insurance Company
  4. Buckeye Community Health Plan
  5. CareSource
  6. Coordinated Health Mutual, Inc.
  7. Coventry Health and Life Insurance Company (Health America)
  8. Humana Health Plan of Ohio
  9. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Ohio
  10. Medical Health Insuring Corporation of Ohio
  11. Medical Mutual
  12. Molina Healthcare of Ohio
  13. Paramount Insurance Company
  14. Time Insurance Company
  15. United Healthcare Insurance Company
This, of course, is an unofficial list as I have modified previously reported information.

Also note that Time Insurance has been very clear about not participating in any exchanges in 2014. Not saying that the entire list is crap, but there is in fact false information within the list. I can't figure out why Assurant would lie about not participating anywhere, so I have to believe them.

The "crappy" list above (with the exception of my Anthem addition) is courtesy of the Ohio Department Of Insurance...

And remember...this is their "intention" only.

WebNanny was not used in this post

Last edited:
I went looking there for it and couldn't find it. In the other thread that this was posted, the link to it went to Zane's blog. Do you have the link to the Ohio DOI page? I couldn't find it.

This You Tube video, agent in Ohio, does a pretty good job explaining things. He has a different list of carriers than what's noted below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, I'm biased, but I like things simple!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And of course....a nice article from a top Ohio healthcare website....

Health Exchange Ohio Information
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I went looking there for it and couldn't find it. In the other thread that this was posted, the link to it went to Zane's blog. Do you have the link to the Ohio DOI page? I couldn't find it.

My information was from a combination of relevant articles and conversations with unnamed carrier administrators.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying that you are full of it, I am just sharing what I have been told and what many others are posting. Time is not participating in 2014. I don't trust carrier reps more than I do anyone else.

Of course. Keep in mind that a carrier "intending" to offer and actually offering products two steps later is a much different thing.

Time in Ohio (for the last 5-8 years) has had awful rates, not that it matters now.

I guess we will have to wait and see. Assurant's official statement is no participation in 2014. Like everything else, I suppose everything is open to change in this.

Back