Anthem Blue Cross Ohio Will Participate In Exchange

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
Although there have been mixed reports regarding the participation of specific carriers in the upcoming Exchange...Anthem Blue Cross will be there.

Rates and plan information will soon be released and studied by the Ohio Department Of Insurance.

Do you know if they filed late which is why there were conflicting reports? If so, did they do that to get the inside scoop to come in under everyone else I wonder.

"Supposedly" (and you know how that works), they will be offering plans even though they have yet to file. I heard that from an Anthem employee. I think one of the issues that they have to also offer small business plans if they offer individual plans.

I also heard that UnitedHealthcare may NOT offer plans and will sit it out the first year (in Ohio).

I guess we'll find out.

"Supposedly" (and you know how that works), they will be offering plans even though they have yet to file. I heard that from an Anthem employee. I think one of the issues that they have to also offer small business plans if they offer individual plans.

I also heard that UnitedHealthcare may NOT offer plans and will sit it out the first year (in Ohio).

I guess we'll find out.

My UHC guy is tight lipped too. We will find out if they are playing when our state's make the announcement. We won't learn comp until Sep.

Back