Health Insurance Exchange Prices In Ohio Are Affordable

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
That's right. Affordable health insurance in Ohio for individuals and families may be quite possible with the help of federal subsidies when Open Enrollment begins.

The Columbus Dispatch recently posted an infolink (here) that projects specific prices for the Buckeye state. And of course, Ohioquotes.com (I can vouch for them!) will continue to help Ohio residents with expert guidance.

From the infolink, you can see the impact of smoking and qualifing for the subsidy. Of course, rates and plans outside of the Exchange are not shown. Also...the infolink is a very basic look at healthcare prices, but still very relevant.

That little chart says $6,350 out-of-pocket expenses BEFORE THE SUBSIDY. What does "Before the Subsidy" mean? You get the subsidy even if you have no medical claims! What have the people at the Columbus Dispatch newspaper been drinking?
:laugh:

I'm sure people at 300% of FPL feel all nice and secure knowing that they only have to pay out $6,350 each year for any required medical treatments... yeah, right.

A matter of semantics but I understand how consumers could be easily confused. Typically, The Columbus Dispatch does a pretty good job of showing both sides of the healthcare debate here in Ohio.

There won't be many available navigators so experienced brokers will be working overtime to help consumers. Also...for Ohio readers, these prices are for the Franklin County area. Of course, if you live in Hamilton, Cuyahoga, Montgomery or other counties, rates may be different.

Last edited:
Back