Ohio Rates Are Out

Looks like the lowest premium will experience a $223 rate increase to become $282 per month? That means it started at $59 (282-223) per month. Holy smokes! Must be the premium for one of those 21 year old Obama supporters.

I mean, Ohio was one of the lowest premium states before the ACA was implemented, so I'm not that surprised.

But I feel like everytime new rates are released, it's like a version of Steve Martin in The Jerk: "The new rates are here! The new rates are here!"

I mean, Ohio was one of the lowest premium states before the ACA was implemented, so I'm not that surprised.

But I feel like everytime new rates are released, it's like a version of Steve Martin in The Jerk: "The new rates are here! The new rates are here!"

I don't recall the state, but I read this morning that Blue Cross offered 32 exchange plans. The officials balked at the prices. Blue Cross reduced the offering yesterday down to just 4 plans. Now the state officials are livid mad. Maybe Blue will now just remove those four and offer off-exchange only.

Source: Ohio Health Insurance Exchange - Proposed Rates Announced

Ohio Health Insurance Exchange - Proposed Carriers
According to the Ohio DOI, the following 14 insurance carriers have submitted intent to offer individual plans on the Ohio Health Insurance Exchange:
  1. Aetna Life Insurance Company
  2. AultCare Insurance Company
  3. Buckeye Community Health Plan
  4. CareSource
  5. Coordinated Health Mutual, Inc.
  6. Coventry Health and Life Insurance Company (Health America)
  7. Humana Health Plan of Ohio
  8. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Ohio
  9. Medical Health Insuring Corporation of Ohio
  10. Medical Mutual
  11. Molina Healthcare of Ohio
  12. Paramount Insurance Company
  13. Time Insurance Company
  14. United Healthcare Insurance Company

That is a lot of carriers for Ohio. I shocked that wellpoint is not on that list.

QUOTE=AllenChicago;703504]Source: Ohio Health Insurance Exchange - Proposed Rates Announced

Ohio Health Insurance Exchange - Proposed Carriers
According to the Ohio DOI, the following 14 insurance carriers have submitted intent to offer individual plans on the Ohio Health Insurance Exchange:
  1. Aetna Life Insurance Company
  2. AultCare Insurance Company
  3. Buckeye Community Health Plan
  4. CareSource
  5. Coordinated Health Mutual, Inc.
  6. Coventry Health and Life Insurance Company (Health America)
  7. Humana Health Plan of Ohio
  8. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Ohio
  9. Medical Health Insuring Corporation of Ohio
  10. Medical Mutual
  11. Molina Healthcare of Ohio
  12. Paramount Insurance Company
  13. Time Insurance Company
  14. United Healthcare Insurance Company
[/QUOTE]

Back