Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance Exchange Forum > Oregon

Reply to Oregon Exchange Experiences     
Old 12-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
Super Genius
number9 on Oregon Exchange Experiences

State: number9 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Oregon Exchange Experiences Oregon Exchange Experiences
Please tell me your experiences about the Oregon exchange. Other agents are telling me there clients aren't getting approved for tax credits and there kids are being pushed on to Medicaid. The exchange is routinely entering in zero income even though the paper app they had to use showed differently.

Thanks!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Oregon Exchange Experiences

Old 01-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
Expert

State: DonLayton is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Oregon Exchange Experiences Re: Oregon Exchange Experiences
My experience has been sad. I've experienced what you described but also problems with missing apps, apps with errors within the system that require resubmitting via paper apps + fax, and tons of delays.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:13 PM   #3
Super Genius

Oregon Exchange Experiences Re: Oregon Exchange Experiences number9 is the thread starter for: Oregon Exchange Experiences

It's been absolutely brutal! I'll be surprised if I get $5 per hour out of this business when it is all said and done. Thanks for the feedback. If you haven't seen this attached is a great article about Cover Oregon from the Lund report:

Cover Oregon Halts Advertising Campaign | The Lund Report

It is very questionable the exchange will have funding for 2015. I would not write any more business here as you will probably be on a federal exchange soon.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
Guru
xrac on Oregon Exchange Experiences

State: xrac is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
xrac is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
It's been absolutely brutal! I'll be surprised if I get $5 per hour out of this business when it is all said and done. Thanks for the feedback. If you haven't seen this attached is a great article about Cover Oregon from the Lund report:

Cover Oregon Halts Advertising Campaign | The Lund Report

It is very questionable the exchange will have funding for 2015. I would not write any more business here as you will probably be on a federal exchange soon.
The incompetence of the governmental bureaucracies is absolutely incredible.

X
Old 01-16-2014, 10:47 AM   #5
Super Genius

Oregon Exchange Experiences Re: Oregon Exchange Experiences number9 is the thread starter for: Oregon Exchange Experiences

This is the latest on Cover Oregon:

Kitzhaber Hires Cover Oregon Examiner as Doubts Build on Fate of Exchange | The Lund Report

What I love is they are investigating Oracle the contractor that built the site but no one is investigating the bureaucrats at Cover Oregon. The medical director is able to retire early due to a medical condition, the lead web guy gets transferred to another job in the state of Oregon. Absolutely no accountability.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
Expert

State: DonLayton is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Just an update in case anyone was wondering (I'm sure you were). The agent portal appears to be functional now. I've enrolled a number of clients this week with absolutely no problem at all. I'm not excited about the long term implications of the PPACA, but at least the enrollment process seems to have improved significantly.
Reply to Oregon Exchange Experiences 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance Exchange Forum > Oregon