After Price $$$, what Are the Three Most Important Features for Small Business Owners?

I thought we were talking about business owners and their business insurance? I'm not aware of Esurance or Geico offering BOPs and the like?

I thought we were talking about business owners and their business insurance? I'm not aware of Esurance or Geico offering BOPs and the like?

Good point Vol. I would be open to hearing feedback o either, Commercial or Residential. So far i don't think most heard or understood my question.

I'm saying that after price which is unfortunately all that some folks care about, but after price what are the 3 most important features to most folks.?

That's what I am trying to get to the bottom of here.

Thanks!

I have closed some small business or kept my client by reviewing the other quotes they had gotten. Around here the other agents will leave out Equipment breakdown coverage, plate glass coverage for those who have store fronts. That is worth an extra $50 a year for sure. Why aren't these other guys quoting it I don't know.

----------

----------

Oh, referrals. That's a novel idea. I will write it down. Seriously though, why is it that when every new agent asks about how to get business, the agents that have been around forever just say work your book or get referrals? When you are new, that is the worst advice. We don't have a huge book yet and I have people that look the other way when they see me coming for fear I will ask for more referrals. My book is worked so hard right now that most of my clients sent me Christmas cards. I had a 18 year SF agent that probably gets spoon fed 25 leads a day tell new agents not to buy leads or cold call, just work off referrals. If that doesn't deserve a throat punch, I don't know what does. As for a $50 difference, I just stress myself and my commitment. I make a joke about it, I am totally worth $50, now when you start talking hundreds my mom won't even switch, but $50?

going to die laughing picturing you punching some fat azz old SF agent in the throat.

Not sure about Esurance, but Geico offers business policies. Okay, I think they broker them through Hiscox, but a few clicks of a mouse and a credit card later, you have a policy. The average person will have no idea of what it covers, but they will have the certificate to give to their landlord (or whoever).

Don't underestimate the power of convenience.

Also, be fully aware of the clients current problem (usually, they need a cert for something.... yesterday).

If you can be 'convenient' for them and address their problem (along with the ones they don't know about yet), you are well worth the extra $50. If they have to call you 3 times to get a cert, then you are not worth anything extra. If they can request the cert online and it shows up in their account a few hours later, its a win-win for a lot of stressed out business people.

Dan

going to die laughing picturing you punching some fat azz old SF agent in the throat.[/QUOTE]

This guy was asking for it!

Back