Allied/Nationwide

dean8287

Expert
It appears that Allied/Nationwide is cutting their personal renewal from 15% to 10% starting 1/1/17. It's really ridiculous to only give 4 months notice on this.

What state? Are you appointed through an aggregator? Is it based off book size & other factors? On the whole book or moving fwd?

This is catastrophic. I say roll the book. Wtf

Well it looks like being a ADICO agent is no better than being a Nationwide agent. The party is over time to roll the book.

Got a update today that agencies under $5M WP with Nationwide will receive 10% Commish on renewals. Above $5M in WP you get 12%

Commercial is still 15% New and Biz and renewal.

I would imagine if you're in an aggregator then it doesn't matter? For retail Nationwide agents, that's criminal (if it's true.)

Somebody just posted today that groups are the future of p&c. I've tried really hard to keep anyone else's hands out of my agency. Been a small gang of regionals popping up though. Might soon be time to decide which indy model to commit to, nationals via a group, or all regionals. As somebody who planned to be in this for the long haul and let my kids take over, the decision may already be made.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back