Allstate Personal Umbrella ?

mts1234

If I own a rental home and title it in an llc, will my pul with Allstate cover it or would I have to get a commercial umbrella? I have gotten conflicting answers.

If I own a rental home and title it in an llc, will my pul with Allstate cover it or would I have to get a commercial umbrella? I have gotten conflicting answers.

Is the rental property insured w/ Allstate? Because (at least in my state) they won't insure a property in the name of an LLC. They will insure the property in an individual name & list the LLC as an additional interested party (that's a separate discussion) so long as the LLC is owned by only the named insured or the named insured & their spouse.

This is a sticky road because if the LLC is listed as an additional interested party it really doesn't mean much anyway. Get away from Allstate & get a real company.

So you created a llc to seperate yourself from it but you want your personal umbrella to cover it? Kindof contradicts? The llc needs an umbrella

Due to the LLC, it looks like no.

Starting next year, they will not extend and umbrella to other properties,
period (I have rental properties and have gotten a letter). At least in my
state, but it looks nationwide.

I am going to chime in and said most likely no. The whole purpose of different entities is to keep the assets separate. Now you might be able to find a carrier to cover the house under the llc if you are the sole member and they know that, but I highly doubt it. Oh, fyi; you need to make sure all the rentals that is titled under your name are also known to your umbrella carrier. Wasn't sure if you know that or not based on your question.

Back