Am I the Only Person Working in America Today?

shawnmwalker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Colorado
I feel like I am the only person in America Working. I look out my window 15 floors up and see parking lots 13% full. I call carriers for my agency needs, and I get out of office.

How many of you will sell a policy today?

Better Question, Who will be working this Black Friday? Who will have their agency doors open on Friday?

Knowing you by now, I'm sure you are just trying to stir the pot.

No one lies on their deathbed thinking, why did I go to my kid's little league game? Why did I do take a day off for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc? I could have been working!

My area is getting pounded with snow..but I'm working from home (who wouldn't be.) Last year we had the 3rd worst winter in history & I offered to snowblow driveways in exchange for letting me quote their insurance. Wrote 2 households off that

...what they didn't know is that once you have a few beers & bust out the snowblower...you can't just put it away!

If this storm produces what it's supposed to I'll hit the opposite side of the street & get some damn bidniss!

Vol (tron) Agent,

I will not be working on Friday. And I am not trying to stir the pot. (Maybe a little)

I actually am feeling sorry for myself I am in the office today.

----------

Ins1822,

That SIAA was lucky to get you!

My office is mixed use (insurance is a secondary thing) so my circumstances dictate my working today. And Friday as well.

I have a prospect coming in today to bind a new auto policy. And I hope my time Friday won't be wasted.

Snow blowing for leads...that's awesome marketing !!! Ha!

I wonder if hiring some illegals to shovel them wouldn't be a little more cost effective? Any insight?

Hey...happy holidays to all you goofs

btw...i signed the executive order to close my office till monday...imagine all the leads i'll lose to you workaholics

I have appointments all day long. I'll be here until 6 probably. I'll sell every single appointment.
If I gave my clients the opportunity, I'd be working tomorrow and Friday as well. I need a break. I'm tired.

If you consider it working, I'm meeting a couple clients at the local watering hole this afternoon. Friday is the Iowa-Nebraska game so no work then. I'll be watching our 4 million dollar a year coach get us another 7 win season.

I am working today and on Friday. working at a captive agency and it will be dead sales wise. However P&C claim calls will be a dream come true - if your into nightmares.

Back