Is anyone Up to Date on Commercial Classes State Farm Writes?

indienoise

Guru
100+ Post Club
I was under the impression SF was pretty vanilla on risks they are willing to take. I have a shot at a risk that doesn't seem to fit the typical main-street type of business Youd expect a carrier like that to take. I'm willing to water it's incorrectly classified. Anyone here familiar with what SF is writing these days?

I've seen them be really competitive on mixed hab risks or habitational risks that were otherwise difficult to find markets for. I remember being pretty shocked by it but besides LRO situations that's never happened

In this case it's a pet training/boarding operation. And now they are purchasing a house with a huge outbuilding on premises in which they'll place the kennels. I'd be REALLY surprised if SF is knowingly insuring this.

State Farm actually will write this class of business. We just took one from them and placed it with Erie is the only reason that I know and they actually did have it classified correctly. Seems like State Farm will write many types of businesses that CAN be home based often times to get the personal lines side as well.

Back