Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > P&C Insurance Forum

Reply to Applied Underwriters     
Old 07-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #1
Super Genius

State: MrGolf is an Insurance Agent from Kentucky
Applied Underwriters Applied Underwriters
Anyone utilizing them after their post-legal issues last year? I've never utilized them before but have a case or two coming up where they might actually be a decent option and the rate structure appears competitive. Generally I'm not a fan of the whole payroll company/WC provider relationship. It would be their SolutionOne product. Any input from others on here with experiences with them would be helpful.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Applied Underwriters
Old 07-31-2017, 03:35 PM   #2
Guru

State: Arnage150 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Applied Underwriters Re: Applied Underwriters
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
Anyone utilizing them after their post-legal issues last year? I've never utilized them before but have a case or two coming up where they might actually be a decent option and the rate structure appears competitive. Generally I'm not a fan of the whole payroll company/WC provider relationship. It would be their SolutionOne product. Any input from others on here with experiences with them would be helpful.
They are okay. From what I can remember they used to have a non guaranteed cost program and that is what they are having the issues with. It was steaming pile or horse sh*t. Ask me how I know?
Their solution one program works similar to PEO or payroll co. They do some tougher classes, which is what I have there. They underwrite the sh*t out of it. No new ventures, must have a mod. Usually what I put there is because no one else will write it. However I'm sure if you had a big account that had their WC with a payroll company it may be a nice option.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Applied Underwriters
Reply to Applied Underwriters 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > P&C Insurance Forum