Auto/Home Closing, Phone or Appointment?

desertsun

Expert
Hello Forum,

So I am trying to figure out what the most efficient and sales effective logistics are for quoting and selling P/C Home/Auto.

I can quote them over the phone quickly. This will be common, even requested by some clients. If I give them a good price after phone quoting them, I should attempt to close then and there, correct?

What would be a situation where I should get an appointment to present and close, after I have quoted them over the phone already?

Or should I try and get an appointment for the purpose of both trying to quote them, and close them after?

I figure whenever I can get an appointment to do a presentation my close ratio will be much higher. But it is very easy to quote a person over the phone, it takes only minutes. An appointment I would have to allot an hour or two of time for meeting with each customer, chatting, quoting, presenting, closing, and driving around town. A few new sold clients a day and I wouldn't mind, but I could easily waste my time all day too.

How should I go about sorting out quotes and appointments for the best results?

Closing can mostly be done over the phone. If you sell multiple lines such as life insurance, setting an appoint to have the application signed together and view their life insurance is a good idea.

Offer them the option, let them know it all can be done over phone/email or they have the option to meet in person.

Sometimes the older folks like to come in review everything 10 times over.

What's you situation, are you a captive agent, Indy, or work as a producer for one ?

80% over the phone/email but certain clients prefer to deal with business transactions in person. The issue is that many of those 20% that like to meet in person are the top tier clients with home/auto/umbrella/vacation homes/rentals/toys and jewelry. The bigger and more complex the account, the more likely they want to sit down and go over everything face to face.

Latest posts

Back