Auto Owners Question

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
I see that auto owners writes business in PA however they only have agents in western PA. Anyone know why this is? Are they new to PA?

UH, there is a cost line that gets nailed with a hurricane every few years. That's seems like a compelling reason to stay away! Right!

UH, there is a cost line that gets nailed with a hurricane every few years. That's seems like a compelling reason to stay away! Right!

Eastern PA barely had any damage from Sandy besides maybe Philly. AO operates in tornado alley states so I don't think that's the reason. Maybe they just got into PA

Yes, they are slowly expanding their market presence....per my meeting with the rep a year ago. They came in and did a few dozen pricing comparisons to test the water in our area. They were not competitive but had plans to do some rate revisions. I see them as a very solid player when they figure it out.

Eastern PA barely had any damage from Sandy besides maybe Philly. AO operates in tornado alley states so I don't think that's the reason. Maybe they just got into PA

I can't speak for Auto Owners, but with other carriers, I've noticed some reluctance to write in eastern PA.

It seems to be those who make the daily commute to NY/NJ that the carriers don't like.

Yes, they are slowly expanding their market presence....per my meeting with the rep a year ago. They came in and did a few dozen pricing comparisons to test the water in our area. They were not competitive but had plans to do some rate revisions. I see them as a very solid player when they figure it out.

When you met with them did they have any issue with you being an Erie agent?

Well guess I'm SOL then haha

Your book is probably much smaller than 1Manshow's. I didn't really get any interest from other carriers until I was over $1M in premium with Erie.

Now Kemper, Travelers, and others are willing to give me a shot. Give it time but I hope you are enjoying your independence.

Back