Best Trucking Carriers

OptionInsurance

Hello guys,

Im trying to figure out what carriers to go after for my trucking book of business. I currently use Progressive and NICO but they are not so competitive.. I have heard of WESCO and hear they have really good rates for trucking liabilities (I insure mostly interstate truck drivers). Let me know what carriers would be good for this market. I have my agency in Florida. Thank you!

Greetings and welcome. I am interested in your post for a variety of reasons.

-I use to own a moving company and have some experience with large semi-trucks, I had two 18-Wheel Semis running the I-95 corridor North and South up and down the East Coast with a couple 26 foot box trucks running East-West. I would like to know where and how you meet your potential customers/market.

For example, there is a big Hub around Ft Pierce where 95 and the Turnpike almost meet before they split apart as you travel north into the central part of Florida. I have joked about standing at the Love Station where many fuel up and just pass out cards or speak direct about helping them. Would I actually do this? Not sure but it seems like you would meet a lot of guys hauling all over from places like this.

-Second, I have heard horror stories about truck drivers needing certificates to prove their insurance is up to date prior to them loading or unloading...these calls can happen at odd hours/times of the week. That might not be for everyone or it could just be a red herring, would love for you to chime in on this.

-Finally, because I am also in Florida I would love to know which carriers are best for these truck drivers. I also respect that you specify interstate, many drivers do not leave the state of Florida but simply move around a lot within it...or they drive into perhaps Georgia and a few other states but they are not hauling all over the country.

Excellent opening post and thread, look forward to hearing anything you can share about the Semi-Truck drivers market.

Back