Best Way to Cancel Geico

State Farm screws customers hard. They push for all peril percentage deductibles. Minimum fixed deductible is $1000. So happy I am no longer associated with a local State Farm agent.

State Farm screws customers hard. They push for all peril percentage deductibles. Minimum fixed deductible is $1000. So happy I am no longer associated with a local State Farm agent.

Requiring a percentage deductbile or a $1000 deductible is now screwing a customer 'hard'. It is the reality of the situation.

I said it's an option. Why would you put a $1000+ deductible on a home valued between $100,000-$200,000? Obviously the higher deductibles are better suited for those who could actually afford $1,000+ out of pocket at the time of loss. As an agent, part of one's job is explaining why a person should not put in small claims. If you aren't doing that, then that is a disservice to your client. We must all keep in mind the delicate financial balance that many people face. Not all clients have million dollar homes. Not all clients havecsix figure salaries. Treat your clients like human beings, not like a number on a report.

I said it's an option. Why would you put a $1000+ deductible on a home valued between $100,000-$200,000? Obviously the higher deductibles are better suited for those who could actually afford $1,000+ out of pocket at the time of loss. As an agent, part of one's job is explaining why a person should not put in small claims. If you aren't doing that, then that is a disservice to your client. We must all keep in mind the delicate financial balance that many people face. Not all clients have million dollar homes. Not all clients havecsix figure salaries. Treat your clients like human beings, not like a number on a report.

If you can't afford a $1000 deductible on a homeowners insurance claim, chances are you shouldn't have purchased that home.

Fight fire with fire. I use Geico's own advice they post to their new customers about cancelling with others. They have a well scripted cancellation letter that asks the other carrier not to contact the client. I'm new so I can post links yet, but you can google it and find it on their site.

Back