Boo Direct Writers, Insureon, Coverhound, Etc. Yay Local Agents

Hello to all, We’re thinking about reselling a product we came up with in our agency and I was wanting to get y’alls feedback on what you thought something like this would be worth per month if we decided to sell it to other insurance agencies on a subscription basis.

To describe in a paragraph, it’s like skype/gotomeeting/docusign/screen sharing/file sharing all in one without either the user or the host having to download any software or input a username, password, access code or anything else. Our software allows two computers to digitally “shake hands” through the internet and beam information back and forth.

So at our agency, we recognize that online insurance agencies/companies (direct writers, Lemonade, Insuritas, Insureon, Zenefits, Coverhound, etc) are rapidly growing in popularity and we wanted to build software that would help us better compete with these guys and still be able to offer the personal touch of a live agent and a live staff. We also wanted something that would give us a competitive advantage on a local level as well. Whatever we created had to be able to run through our website and save our agency money by making us more efficient and most importantly sell more policies.

So we built a product that allows you to have face to face meetings with prospects (it’s not required that you’re face to face, but I always encourage it) with clients or prospects on any device (laptop, tablet, desktop, smartphone with Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge (no Safari yet, but it's coming) where you can both share, annotate, highlight documents. There's even a notepad you can share where you can both can take notes during the meetings. You can upload sales material, company brochures, quotes, apps (that can be filled out and signed with a legally binding electronic signature). You can even share your screen with the prospect. Or share sales videos (or any kind of video for that matter). They can even documents and pictures with you all live and in real time.

So say you're in TN like me and an auto repair prospect in MS calls for an insurance quote on his Auto Repair shop. You set an appointment for 3 days later. In 3 days, you meet with the guy, get his info then go back to the office. You start working on the quote and realize you forgot to ask him something. You call him back and he doesn't answer so you wait to call him the next day and get the answer. You finish up the quote and set the sales appointment for the next day. You go there and he asks you to change a few things and come back tomorrow and he'll give you a check. You do what he says and you make the sale. At the end he asks you if you write home insurance. You say yes and take down as much info as you can remember to ask and tell him you’ll probably have a few more questions so you'll call him at a later time. He then tells you he also owns a Church and ask if you write that those? You tell him yes and try to take down all the information you think you’ll need and tell him you'll have to call him back to ask more questions on this later as well. You call him back a few more times and finally get all the required info. In that scenario you drove to MS and back 3 times and it took 7 days to make the sale. And you still have to get back with him on a homeowners insurance quote and a quote for his Church. Sounds pretty typical (and very time consuming), right?

With our software, the prospect calls and you tell him that y'all can meet face to face Right Now through the internet if he would like to do that (afterall he’s calling you for a quote, he’ll more than likely want to talk about it now since he’s calling you now). He agrees and in 15-20 seconds your connected. Y’all talk face to face for awhile to get to know each other or to help build an existing relationship. You pull up some apps (acord, company supp, your own apps, etc) and you fill them out together. (It’s much easier to get ALL the information the FIRST time when you’re both looking at the document together). After you’re done, you ask him: “Would you like me to go ahead and quote this up for you?” He says “yes”, so you pull up Travelers quoting software IE Net because they’re really good on auto repair shops. Y’all go through each screen TOGETHER in real time using the screen share tool answering the questions and finalizing the quote. You download the quote and upload it to the meeting to review with you future client. You’re able to circle coverages, highlight the quote, or make notes on the quote. When you’re done, he saves it to his computer and you save it to yours. Now You bring up sales brochures about how great Travelers is and you bring up brochures about how great you are and convince him to buy. You upload the apps and eft forms and your new client signs right there on the spot. You go back to the Travelers quote and bind the policy TOGETHER and give him his policy number together in real time. Then just like in the last scenario he asks about homeowners insurance. So now you bring up sales brochures about homeowners insurance, your home quoting application, your extensive list of your markets,. Then he brings up cyber liability. You remember that Sony just got hacked and you google the news story, download it and boom! Now you’re both reading the news story. You need cyber liability statistics so you google “ten reasons for cyber liability” and boom got em. You download them and bring them to the meeting. Virtually any document or file in the universe can be shared. Then he asks about his Church. You think about the companies you have that write churches, download their brochure and voila! Now you’re an expert on churches. You can even quote his home, cyber and church right now if you want. All in one conversation. No one had to drive anywhere and waste all that time. You didn't have to wait for an appointment or anything.

How many more appointments could you write if you didn't have to drive between appointments? About twice as many is what I've found. Twice as many appointments means twice as many sales

From personal experience Face to face appointments like this are just like real face to face appointments. You can see body movement, you can see smiles, frowns, all of it. The point I'm trying to make is that conversations this way, where you can share things together, are very much like real life meetings. When you laugh, they feel it. When you see them laugh, you feel it. Our technology allows you to sell online like Coverhound and Insureon but most importantly allows you to easily build a trusting solid relationship with prospects and clients 5 mins away or 5000 miles away.

I didn't mention all the other applications like claims (client gets in a car wreck and calls you. You connect and tell them exactly what to say before the police arrive (don't admit fault, etc). It's like State Farm's "do the jingle" commercial and their agent appears, except they can't actually teleport and you kind of can lol.) , help filling out audits, going over experience mod worksheets. How much time do your CSR's spend sending emails to clients and following up and resending emails in order to get renewal apps signed or eft forms signed? Go ahead, ask them, I'll wait......See a lot huh? With our software, if you can get your client on the phone, you can connect with them and have them do anything you need them to do right then and there in real time without having to wait. Time saved is money saved.

The best part about it though (at least in my mind) is it makes it possible to sell what you personally excel at selling in every state your licensed. If you write a lot of restaurants and are licensed in MS, FL, and GA then sell start calling every restaurant in those states and start selling face to face with every single restaurant and start closing exponentially more deals. You have a competitive advantage over their local agent too. They can't talk to their local agent even if their agent was literally next door as fast as they can talk to you 500 miles away. And their local agent can't provide immediate face to face claims service or any of the other stuff I mentioned.

I was starting to get excited in the last paragraph I better quit now. So do y’all see any value in this and if so, what would you pay per month?

Thank you all in advance.

If anyone wants to test it out, PM me and I'll show you what it can do and you'll get to see it how your clients/prospects would be seeing it.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great idea. Execution seems difficult.

It's here! I use it every day and it works exactly as I described it. PM me and you can test it out through my website.

----------

Is this a search engine program for rates?

It is not a search engine program for rates. Our technology allows you to have face to face meetings where both the visitor and the agency can share and edit files in real time(quotes, audit forms, applications, videos etc) without having to have a username and password like skype, or an access code and pin like gotomeeting.

It sounds corny, but you really have to see it to believe it. PM me and I'll take you through a demonstration on our website.

Y'all need to do some sort of webinar so we can all see this stuff.

Duly noted. It's tough for me to explain in writing what all it can do but I've yet to demonstrate it to someone that wasn't amazed.

It's a multi patented technology that we believe will change the world.

One day, this technology will be in the walls of your home where you can speak they appear right in front of your face. You have a question about your insurance policy, boom your agency is right there. You have a question for the auto mechanic that's repairing your car. Boom right there. You want to talk to your pastor at your church? Boom. Need to talk to your doctor about some tests. Boom your doctors office is right there ready to talk. (sounds scary right? well strap yourself in cause it's coming in the not to distant future)

I'm not concerned with all that, I just want insurance agencies to use it so we can all quit worrying about "online insurance" putting us out of business.

By the way, research how much Generation Z (people born roughly from 1995 to 2015) like communicating face to face (whether real life or digitially). They love it. A large part of Millennials would much rather buy online without human interaction but Generation Z much like Baby Boomers and Generation X like talking face to face (whether digitally or in person). My point is that people are beginning to realize buying everything online without a personal touch, tends to suck.

----------

I think the idea sounds great and had thought of this about a year ago. I'm in for a demo.

I sent you a PM with my phone number. Call me and I'll give you a demo.

----------

if you would like a demo, please visit my agency's website address rbimemphis.com and click on the chat box at the bottom that says "talk to us" and start typing (type anything). Once you start typing, I'll be able to initiate a connection and we'll be talking face to face in about 10 seconds.

P.S. There are many ways to connect with a customer besides having them start a chat on your website, but this is the one I chose.

----------

Thank you insurance-forums.net for featuring this post in your weekly newsletter. I'm really excited about it and hope lot of agents give it a try.

Back