Builders Risk for Modular Home

DJAJ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a commercial client (General Contractor) thats building on a modular home constructed off site and brought to the property. Having a hard time placing this risk. Anyone know of a carrier or wholesaler that can help me with this?

I have a commercial client (General Contractor) thats building on a modular home constructed off site and brought to the property. Having a hard time placing this risk. Anyone know of a carrier or wholesaler that can help me with this?

I sold mobile/modular homes years ago. We used Foremost. Isn't the modular home going on a foundation?

I sold mobile/modular homes years ago. We used Foremost. Isn't the modular home going on a foundation?

The house dosnt come complete. They are building on the structure and need a builders risk policy.

Do you have access to Tapco?

They specialize with this.

I would make absolute sure that your underwriter's understand the difference between modular & manufactured homes. Manufactured homes (single wide or double wide) carry an obvious stigma whereas modular homes today are superior to traditional site built homes (IMO.) Some underwriter's won't differentiate among the two which is entirely ridiculous.

Is the home not technically in care, custody, and control of the modular home company? I would think their comm. policy covers it until completed.

I do have access to Tapco. I'll try them again, maybe I just talked to someone who didnt know what I was talking about.

The home comes partially finished (60%) and then my client builds the rest to purchasers specifics. Once the company delievers the partially finished home it is out of their control.

I do have access to Tapco. I'll try them again, maybe I just talked to someone who didnt know what they were talking about.

The home comes partially finished (60%) and then my client builds the rest to purchasers specifics. Once the company delievers the partially finished home it is out of their control.

Fixed your post for you. LOL You might also ask the manufacturer if they know any companies that would do this.

Try the phrase dynamic home with the underwriter and explain that its a section built home and the roof and siding is done by a contractor on site

Back