Building Quote Landing Page P&C - Need Advice...

todd02

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm building a web based landing page for quotes to give to customers.

1st - Do any of you have a quote form you manually created that you mail or email to customers? If you think its amazing would you please send it to me?

If you don't already which company do you think has the best quote forms?

What I'm trying to do is get the best layout, verbiage possible for a prospect to see the quote, understand a comparison vs their current coverage and see the price/difference or value. Most difficult thing I've found is getting it to look nice on a I-phone/smartphone (it will be a sms quote to web-based landing page) ;). It has to be short, informative and to the point.

Once I perfect it, I will email everyone a copy who participated in this endeavor.

Thanks!

Todd

Do any of you have a quote form you manually created that you mail or email to customers?

I manually created all of my quote forms. but I don't email out the forms. it's much better to build the forms directly on your website. then when someone fills out a quote form, you get an email with their info. that's a lot more convenient for the potential customer as opposed to emailing back and forth.

If you think its amazing would you please send it to me?

My quote forms are far from amazing. In fact, many would tell you that they suck and many are entirely too long.

If you don't already which company do you think has the best quote forms?

don't know the answer to that. but if you're an independent agent, it's best not to use an individual company's quote form anyways.

Thank you for your responses. However, I'm looking for more layout and verbiage for a high conversion rate. I'll also be doing a lot of A/B/C testing on conversion metrics so having a few options is great.

ok then a web form built directly from your webhost is the way to go. very easy to edit and a/b testing is very simple.

I'd suggest looking at companies that have spent MILLIONS trying to perfect this, such as Geico, Progressive, 21st Century, etc.

Then keep in mind, a quote form on a website will generate exactly 0 business by itself. I don't care how good it is, just because it exists, doesn't mean people will visit, fill it out, or entertain the quote you send them.

The real endeavor has to be the overall marketing plan, that the quote form is about 1% of. How do you get people to visit your website? Why do they trust your website (and you) with the info you ask for?

If you have the other stuff in place (in the form of a plan) then the quote form will fall in place. Like I said, pay a visit to carriers who do it, or maybe even better, lead vendors. See how they do it.

Dan

I'd suggest looking at companies that have spent MILLIONS trying to perfect this, such as Geico, Progressive, 21st Century, etc.

Then keep in mind, a quote form on a website will generate exactly 0 business by itself. I don't care how good it is, just because it exists, doesn't mean people will visit, fill it out, or entertain the quote you send them.

The real endeavor has to be the overall marketing plan, that the quote form is about 1% of. How do you get people to visit your website? Why do they trust your website (and you) with the info you ask for?

If you have the other stuff in place (in the form of a plan) then the quote form will fall in place. Like I said, pay a visit to carriers who do it, or maybe even better, lead vendors. See how they do it.

Dan

I agree with this. Get quotes from the players spending hundreds of millions of dollars. No need to invent the wheel.

This is unfortunately how captives must keep their business alive...just figure out how to blindly quote like a maniac due to the low conversion rates.

I know there's some guys on this forum who claim to get all their business from the internet. Without a formal education or background in web design / seo / internet marketing I don't believe it's possible without spending a boat load to somehow create a local niche website and/or presence to generate organic business. Even then I say "local niche" because I don't know how you'd compete w/ the big boys.

BLOCKO says his website/blogging generates most of his business so maybe he'll hop on this thread.

I know I always say this, but if you put this energy into introducing yourself to 1 mortgage guy & 1 realtor per day you'll get better business & probably better results so long as your homeowner's rates are good.

I for one have been doing small presentations to mortgage offices while bringing lunch & I've increased my referrals so much that I'm now in over my head & need to hire somebody.

BLOCKO says his website/blogging generates most of his business so maybe he'll hop on this thread.

I never said that. I wish my website generated most of my business!

I do ok with web leads because I sling it across 6 states. but I'm certainly not getting rich off of it. for me, referrals still trump web generated sales.

internet leads are a big help but you can't solely depend on them. and it's not about competing against the big boys, because you simply can't compete. their pockets are simply too deep to compete against.

the money is made in the areas that the big boys don't go after. that's where blogging comes in. educating the customer is the key. the big boys dominate terms like "auto insurance" and "homeowners insurance" by such a large margin that they don't fool with the narrowed down areas, and thus don't bother trying to educate the customer beyond the basics. this is where an agent's low hanging fruit lies.

----------

I know there's some guys on this forum who claim to get all their business from the internet.

yeah but most all of those guys are on the life and health side and have been doing it for years.

it's a lot tougher on the p&c side.

Last edited:
This is unfortunately how captives must keep their business alive...just figure out how to blindly quote like a maniac due to the low conversion rates.

I know there's some guys on this forum who claim to get all their business from the internet. Without a formal education or background in web design / seo / internet marketing I don't believe it's possible without spending a boat load to somehow create a local niche website and/or presence to generate organic business. Even then I say "local niche" because I don't know how you'd compete w/ the big boys.

I know I always say this, but if you put this energy into introducing yourself to 1 mortgage guy & 1 realtor per day you'll get better business & probably better results so long as your homeowner's rates are good.

I for one have been doing small presentations to mortgage offices while bringing lunch & I've increased my referrals so much that I'm now in over my head & need to hire somebody.

I wasn't even talking about leads or writing new business. Simply the quote layout people send to prospects. I wanted to see a bunch of different versions to compare/contrast.

Maybe I should say the quote proposal that shows coverage and pricing

Back