Buying Auto Leads- Anyone Have Success with This?

Italianik

Expert
Anyone have luck doing this? Any companies you recommend if so? I have tried HBW and Allwebleads.

So far I have tried two companies and found it to be a huge waste of money and time. I have actually not written anything off of them and the leads are usually sub-standard. Maybe I didn't give it a good go?

I am looking to fill my pipe with preferred auto for 2016. Also any other ideas on generating auto leads?

Yay auto!
:D

I had success with net quote and insureme about 5 years ago when I was working for a broker.

But in recent years, I never got them to work for my agency. I tried hometown quotes like 2 months ago and couldn't get 1 person to answer the phone out of 20 leads. I ended up getting a refund on my money.

With so many carriers and agencies offering direct quoting, people don't seem to be as responsive to lead aggregation as much. It's just not a positive buying experience relative to the other services out there.

Try creating a preferred dealership program. We have one that generates 2-4 auto policies a week and 6-8 during tax season. Stay away from buy here pay here.

When I worked leads (way back as a captive producer..) they weren't all that bad. Agent Inside & Insureme's were decent if you paid enough to get good filters.

Has the lead market really gone to crap? Of course it's bad business, but I guess it's been like 8 years for me so maybe I'm no longer up to speed.?

What is a preferred dealership program?

Unfortunately- a lot of dealerships up here have captive agencies actually in them.

And the car sales guys (not all but definitely some) are pretty dirty in terms of kick backs. In fact, the kick back situation in these parts is pretty rampant on the RE/ mortgage side too. Ugh. I used to be so green and now I hate everyone.

We just started dabbling in leads a little bit, we went with netquote because they were matching your first $500 or something like that.. We bought preferred auto leads that were about $15 a pop. Even though the person requesting the quotes may have a clean record it doesn't mean that their spouse or others in the household have clean MVR's. We've had about 20 leads so far and we've only written one auto so far out of it. Netquote advertises about real time leads, but then I get notifications at like 2 AM of someone requesting a quote. Bad thing is we don't have office staff at 2 am to call. I have a few more companies I'm going to try such as quote wizard and underground elephant. If we have the same luck there we will probably go back to our usual referral based way of doing business which is working pretty good so far. Much cleaner business that tends to stay on the books a little longer.

Waste of time and money. I found that the leads were poor payers, bad drivers and the retention sucked. They would switch again for a dollar savings. That said... Ask your carriers for assistance here. One of our carriers provides leads inexpensively. Like $1-3.00

Still even at that price. It's not worth my time.

It used to be good 5 years ago Agent insider and All Leads; but lead companies have been bought and sold that they burn each other, their leads on the other hand are sold to many agents
I still have client from 5 years ago leads but competition was low
buying leads now you have to work them out really hard to get 20% ratio

If you are ok with writing a fair amount of nonstandard, there are some lead providers that aren't too bad. Otherwise, it's difficult to get a good, interested preferred business lead.

Back