Can and bottle redemption company

Warrior

Super Genius
I have a client who needs business insurance. They have a can and Bottle Redemption Company. They do not have any machinery, they sort by hand.

They have vehicles to drive and pick up all the cans businesses have collected for them.

And they need workers comp insurance to cover their employees.

I cannot find a single company that will take them on. The company they were with chose to drop them because they no longer want to cover that risk anymore.

They have ZERO losses for the past 20 years. I spoke to the previous company and they told me they no longer want to insure this type of business unless they purchase a huge $300k machine that will clean, sort and crush the cans.

My client has been doing this for over 20 years and has no intention of purchasing a machine to do this.

Does anyone know of a company that will take this on?

Where is the problem?

With the P&C or with the WC?

For the WC, many states have a state comp funds or assigned risk WC plan that will insure anybody for the right price.

For the P&C and General Liability, I'm not sure I see much of an issue there but if you can't find a standard carrier and don't already use E&S brokers, I suggest you find yourself an E&S broker or two for that coverage.

What state is the risk in? I insure a similar company in California with New Hampshire Insurance Co, through Willis of New Hamshire GA.

Latest posts

Back