Carrier Reps - Most Worthless Humans on Earth - CUTTING THEM OFF

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
OK - one of my companies just got a new rep & she is literally sending me emails saying "this is to confirm our appointment at such & such time/date" and I literally just keep blanket ignoring her & have never confirmed anything.

Now before I send this email can anybody tell me their opinion on politely & professional communicating the following...

"I value nothing about you what so ever. I prefer our relationship to exist on an as needed basis. If I need something, I will ask. If you need something from me, I will provide it. I am however NOT INTERESTED in playing the meeting games here. I'm going to write the business where it falls & you personally have ZERO IMPACT on where I put my business unless you're going to pay me more money. More specifically, unless you're going to change my compensation or underwriting guidelines, I have no use for you & you have no use for me."

Get a life you god damn effing psychopath stalker, NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU GUYS.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LITERALLY SEES THIS PARASITES AS ATTEMPTING TO STEAL TIME AWAY FROM MY LIFE?

OK - one of my companies just got a new rep & she is literally sending me emails saying "this is to confirm our appointment at such & such time/date"

is she with UHC......have her buy you lunch because thats all they have to offer.....

Oh Ins 1893,

Some times you make me chuckle. I will admit the rep job is a difficult one to figure out and do correctly.

In all reality she probably has a boss or system above her that says she must document every meeting, she must do 20 meetings a week and show confirmation.

Again what % of reps are actually empowered to do the right things at the right time, and have the authority to execute it? Wouldn't that be a better world?

Wouldn't it be better If she came in and said here is the stick and here is the carrot, which one do you prefer we use. If it were the carrot, would it not be great to have a rep authorized to give you one.

If they determine it is the stick, wouldn't it be cool to have them have the authority to.....I had a channel that I stopped seeing altogether, and went and created a new one. If you were my agent I would toss you to inside sales, term you, drop your commission, or call you once a year as a touch base. Or all of the above. you would never see me. But some reps want the easy office close to their house that is a guaranteed checked box at the end of the week.

Profit and growth happen when you have the right team empowered and held accountable to make decisions that drive results. This includes reps.

Ask yourself how the carrier is empowering the rep and managing them.

Last edited:
Yeah I think that is pretty rude.. especially in a tight knit industry like insurance.

If she is with a large well known carrier and you have a reasonable book word will get around fairly quickly that you are a jerk off and it will trickle down to underwriters, etc.

Like my mentor said to me when I entered the industry in the 80's ... "Can you walk on water?, If not don't burn bridges"

But do what you want..

I personally would never send that. She is just doing her job, just as I'm sure you've contacted clients more than a couple times in an effort to help them out.

I'm sure he's kidding like usual (I think..). I've built a great relationship with my rep from Erie. We get together once a month to talk about things Erie's improving on in the industry and things I can do better.

Because I built a good relationship she's a point of contact to get things done when needed. She can help sway underwriting on big accounts, sway management when I'm close to winning a contest, and overall be there when I have questions.

You may not need this type of help from your reps as I don't with some of my other carriers but I appreciate them being there when the time comes that you do need them.

Last edited:
Oh Ins 1893,

Some times you make me chuckle. I will admit the rep job is a difficult one to figure out and do correctly.

In all reality she probably has a boss or system above her that says she must document every meeting, she must do 20 meetings a week and show confirmation.

Again what % of reps are actually empowered to do the right things at the right time, and have the authority to execute it? Wouldn't that be a better world?

Wouldn't it be better If she came in and said here is the stick and here is the carrot, which one do you prefer we use. If it where the carrot, would it not be great to have a rep authorized to give you one.

If they determine it is the stick, wouldn't it be cool to have them have the authority to.....I had a channel that I stopped seeing altogether, and went and created a new one. If you were my agent I would toss you to inside sales, term you, drop your commission, or call you once a year as a touch base. Or all of the above. you would never see me. But some reps want the easy office close to their house that is a guaranteed checked box at the end of the week.

Profit and growth happen when you have the right team empowered and held accountable to make decisions that drive results. This includes reps.

Ask yourself how the carrier is empowering the rep and managing them.

They aren't going to term me. I am the top producing agent in my group & they're constantly trying to get more agents to write w/ them. The underwriting team knows me way better then they know this new rep. Fortunately, that UW team trusts me 100% as I have the highest compliance w/ their profit restrictions.

Of course I wouldn't send an email like that, I will just continue to create fake excuses why I don't have time to meet. We got a new Travelers rep who after our 1st phone call...flipped me to an inside sales. I then got calls from TWO SEPARATE agents in my group on 2 separate occasions asking what I thought of the new Travelers rep. I laughed & said I made it clear I'm not available for meetings to shoot the $hit.

They laughed back because apparently she's the hottest female to walk the planet...I mean like SUPER hot w/ tattoo's & stuff. So for that reason, I regret that one.

But lets be real here, for personal lines, reps are WORTHLESS to me. Maybe there's agents out there that they can smooze over & make the agents feel compelled to write them more because they like that particular rep. But separate from them...get out of my office you time wasting machine.

And stop pretending like reps can do anything SHAWN. The best they could do is give me money or gift cards so I can use that to take out realtors & COI's to get drunk with so i get more referrals.

I have had reps from multiple company's that I write with (who'm I blow off..) have some of their newer appointed agencies call ME asking ME to tell them about my success writing them. Success...that has NOTHING and will never have ANYTHING to do with reps.

HOLY $HIT how can you pretend for a second that they're worth anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I value nothing about you what so ever. I prefer our relationship to exist on an as needed basis. If I need something, I will ask. If you need something from me, I will provide it. I am however NOT INTERESTED in playing the meeting games here. I'm going to write the business where it falls & you personally have ZERO IMPACT on where I put my business unless you're going to pay me more money. More specifically, unless you're going to change my compensation or underwriting guidelines, I have no use for you & you have no use for me."

Get a life you god damn effing psychopath stalker, NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU GUYS.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LITERALLY SEES THIS PARASITES AS ATTEMPTING TO STEAL TIME AWAY FROM MY LIFE?

Not a good idea! Why do you get so upset about reps visiting? Let it go!

How many visits are you getting? The yearly number of visits I get from reps can be counted on one hand, and only last 20-30 mins. That's not worth burning a bridge and being that bothered over it.

Not to mention that sometimes, the visit is worthwhile (e.g. signing up for incentive bonuses). but not only that, not all reps are useless. some are very helpful..... and if you ever want to expand, reps can be very helpful in that regard.

take a breath, dude. Let it go. Nothing to gain by being nasty to someone.

I wasn't going to be nasty. I was going to translate that into a professional email to convey my unavailability for meetings. I literally do not have 30 minutes a day to chit chat, LITERALLY don't have it. That 30 minutes is what I get w/ my daughter before she goes to bed when I get home after a long day.

I come on these forums when I'm on hold or when I'm watching my rater refresh w/ quotes.

And Shawn...yes in theory what you say "makes sense" but it's' not practical & it doesn't exist. You sound like company's saying "in an effort to better serve our customers, we're taking a 20% rate increase"

I believe carrier reps are just as bad for this world as ISIS.

If some random dude showed up to your office & wanted to chit chat..would you? And if there's something impacting MONEY such as incentives or bonuses...well now you're suddenly worth my 30 minutes.

Its funny people thought you would send that. Good for you Ins1825, keep the community guessing

I guess my point is If A rep is empowered...If a rep is a true sales guy...if a rep is trying to do the right things instead of check a box... they can help dramatically.....

Last point. Own your time and quite crying. If you want to see reps twice a year, and line them up back to back from 1-5 then do that. Schedule it that way.

Ins1423 is not real. He is someone else's alter ego.

Back