Client Changes Occupancy

TNagent82

Expert
Got a client that called a producer last week to let him know that she moved from her primary residence to a property that was being used for short term rental and now the property that was her primary is being used as short term rental.
Producer called her back and informed her of premium change. She was mad that it went up and said she would shop it. My question is in that scenario, do you bind the new coverage even though the client hasn't requested to bind or leave coverage unchanged with gaps for a week while she shops it? Today was the first I heard about it so I the producer we either need to bind updated coverage or get off the account.

Got a client that called a producer last week to let him know that she moved from her primary residence to a property that was being used for short term rental and now the property that was her primary is being used as short term rental. Producer called her back and informed her of premium change. She was mad that it went up and said she would shop it. My question is in that scenario, do you bind the new coverage even though the client hasn't requested to bind or leave coverage unchanged with gaps for a week while she shops it? Today was the first I heard about it so I the producer we either need to bind updated coverage or get off the account.

Well I'd request something in writing from her if she doer not want to make the change. I'll then inform the carrier of the occupancy change and it'll be the uw to decide whether to get off the account.

Back