Clusters with Fast Turn Around Time?

mbriones

Do you know of any companies that provide assignments and can have a quotes done faster than 24 hours? I believe Smart Choice is 24hours. Are there any others that are faster and if I sign up with Smart choice am I only tied to their carriers?

Looks like insurehive I would need to get my own assignments first then sign up with them.

I am freshly starting and independent agency and looking for any pointers or positive experiences.

Any insight is appreciated!

Newbie,
MB

I may be able to give you some relevant thoughts and ideas if you want to contact me. I can be reached through my website.

Do you know of any companies that provide assignments and can have a quotes done faster than 24 hours? I believe Smart Choice is 24hours. Are there any others that are faster and if I sign up with Smart choice am I only tied to their carriers?

Looks like insurehive I would need to get my own assignments first then sign up with them.

I am freshly starting and independent agency and looking for any pointers or positive experiences.

Any insight is appreciated!

Newbie,
MB

Interesting Conversation.

OPoster, read a few o the old threads, lots of good info here. Huge difference in profit margins, service, access, and responsibilities if you go MGA or Cluster!

Might want to research the difference between a cluster and an aggregator. Important to know. Many of the clusters (smart choice) and aggregators (SIAA). Will let you start writing through them until you build up volume then provide direct appointments. If you can provide detailed business plans, marketing plans, organization structure and anticipated growth models they will give you direct up front and there is no turn around time. Do the work up front so you don't drag on the back otherwise your profit margin will suffer and you will not grow as fast as you need too. You will also have problems recruiting A players to your sales team without all this planning and direct appointments to quote bind and issue.

Quite a few different terms are routinely bounced around to describe the relationships in discussion here.

Often seen are some of these:

Clusters
Aggregators
Premium Aggregators
Agency Franchises
Agency Alliances
Agency Networks
Agency Groups

...and there are others.

Franchises are usually very different from the others. However, the listed terms are often used interchangeably. It is always necessary to carefully assess the key features of each specific program...regardless of the category name assigned...to attempt to determine the best fit for each agent or agency situation. They are definitely not the same. Each entity has its own features and contractual requirements.

To use just one term for purposes here, there are a lot of good "agency networks" out there. Take your time and do your research. Make sure they understand your needs. Ask good questions and make sure you get solid and answers that make sense to you, especially those relating to the very different respective agreements.

Back