Comission Structure

If you aren't good a sales might jump ship.

If you are, negotiate a better renewal deal vs new business commission. For instance the average agent negotiates a 30/20 or 40/30 split. Trying getting a 30% new biz and 40% renewal.

Can you explain a little bit more.

----------

I think its a little bit difficult to tell in only 3 months

You seem stressed. I get you don't want to be shafted, but they're taking a chance on you by teaching you the business, accepting you'll make mistakes, and still paying you 11.5/hour + a commission structure.

Think of it as a paid apprenticeship or mentorship. If you feel like the people you work with are quality people, then embrace this opportunity and put everything you have into it. Those types of opportunities aren't easy to come by. Pick their brain. Perfect your craft. Improve your insurance knowledge. Improve your sales knowledge.

Now, to put you at ease a little bit, the 20k/month in newbiz premiums is generally the guidleine for full-time. You keep referencing being an intern, and are paid hourly instead of salary, so let me ask: How many hours/week are you working?

If it's 20-30 hours, scale that 20k/month target to the percentage of 40 hours you're working. So 20 hours = 10k/month.

There's some understandable learning curve, but if 3 months go by (putting you there at around 6 months total), and you're struggling to hit that goal and not even getting close, it may be time to switch industries, or at least roles. You can take your license and work pure servicing for a big name. I just reckon that doing high volume menial **** for Progressive in a call center isn't the path you want to take in this career (rightfully so lol), so like I noted above: Learn everything you can and put everything into it.

Latest posts

Back