Commercial Auto Drivers Blanket Coverage?

Milkman1265

Guru
100+ Post Club
who has experience in comm auto? this is for a new meat delivery company, will be driving a box van that doesnt require cdl but will get commercial plates.

got a few question, is it better to package cpp with comm auto or monoline comm auto policy?

I would think package would be cheaper right?

Also is the driver of the commercial auto a blanket coverage? Or you must put down the driver of the auto?

To my knowledge you must list the one of the owner has responsible person and then list each driver for the van. There is only 1 van but will be multiple driver and sometimes they will hire someone else to drive.

What needs to be done to cover all the drivers?

Packages usually give better rates, not always. Same carrier also helps avoid liability 'passing the buck' in the event of a claim. Usually not a big issue, but it can make a claim a bit smoother.

Single vehicle is hard to place with blanket driver coverage. They usually want named drivers, along with drivers license, DOB, etc. In addition, a lot of carriers will limit the number of drivers you can have listed on a single vehicle.

I'm not sure of any carriers that will do a single commercial vehicle in the manner you want, but it sounds like you may have a set of limited drivers, you just need to list them all. The occasional hired driver is the trick, but a carrier may have an option for that, as long as its not a regular driver.

Dan

What happens if it was a temp driver, or a new hire driver, but they never listed them on the policy.

I would think its frown upon, my prospective is frustrated that you need to list a new driver every time lol

Even if you don't report drivers they are going to have to pay.

I write taxis and Limos and they are specific named driver only and we still have instances where we fight it in court and always lose.

Symbol 1 is very hard to get on any commercial policy, on taxis and limos it is impossible.

But still unless specifically stated by insured I put everything in as Symbol 7.

I have taxi drivers that call me all the time demanding symbol 1... :laugh: .. yeah sure buddy.

Back