Commercial Auto

Jerbond

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a question regarding commercial auto. I have a prospect that has Mercury for the business commercial auto. I have quoted with Progressive and also Unitrin. I am about $1700 more per year in premium. What gives with that??? How is Mercury fon commercial auto? Can I explain the higher premium is because Progressive and Unitrin are better suited for commercial auto? Please advise.

Have you talked with the Progressive or Unitrin underwriters? Are there any credits available that you are not quoting?

I don't know how big the overall premium is and what percentage $1700 represents. In some cases, Mercury can be hard to beat on a premium basis.

Dan

Something sounds weird. No way you should be getting beat that bad. Are you sure you are not comparing a 12 month premium to a 6 month?

I have a question regarding commercial auto. I have a prospect that has Mercury for the business commercial auto. I have quoted with Progressive and also Unitrin. I am about $1700 more per year in premium. What gives with that??? How is Mercury fon commercial auto? Can I explain the higher premium is because Progressive and Unitrin are better suited for commercial auto? Please advise.

If this is the first quote from Progressive, and you haven't tried, call and ask for credits. I am working on a quote now, from a different carrier, that I have already gotten 40% credit,and it looks like I will end up with 60%. It's a risky bet because of the agency's possible loss ratios, but business is business, if it is good business.

CNA is the first company I go to for everything. I quoted a BOP for a detailing shop today, including a 100,000 in garage keepers liability, 2 mill occ 4 mill agg, it cam out to about 1350 a year?

That does seem pretty good rate wise. I just did a detailer a few weeks back with Western Heritage at half of that coverage and it was only a couple hundred less in premium. I can do CNA through BTIS, but honestly haven't quoted much through them... maybe I'll have to give them a second look.

RW

Back