Commercial Insurance Leads

ericinsures

Expert
Just curious if anyone has had success with Lead Orchard or CGL for setting appointments for small business commercial appointments? Or any other good ones

Just curious if anyone has had success with Lead Orchard or CGL for setting appointments for small business commercial appointments? Or any other good ones

Eric I know Erie has a program with Lead Orchard but I haven't heard great stuff yet.

I use a company called client focus solutions and I've been pretty happy with them. Very friendly staff and their leads always come with a lot of detail.

I have spoke with CGL before - I have NOT used them - I was in the market for X-dates - they came as a referral from the forum so I called them.

Their x-date program is unusual in that they promise exclusive x-dates pretty much on an unlimited basis - They do a monthly subscription of a min of 500 x-dates for like 450 or something like that. There is no way your generating 500 xdates for 450 bucks unless you have it already in a database there for not exclusive(promising this to every agent) especially on zero timelines (as long as you pay you get your 500) Fishy as f*** we all know it takes time to generate good organic X-dates and you cannot control the renewal date while you are x-dating, so all 500 x-date you get happen to be coming up for renewal huh?

You also have to warn them if you want to cancel because they auto bill you. Its not a deal breaker but doesnt help their case. I spoke to their sales "vp" the guy never returned my call or emailed me a count of how many x-dates he had available in my desired criteria. I ended up buying an x-date campaign from Beacon Marketing which has yielded a good amount of appointments since November.

Their appointment setting service might be great again, I have not used them... what they promise and my conversation with their "vp" turned ME off.

Unless they have a swet shop in the china they would be operating at a loss promising 500 organic x-dates for 450$ Good caller will get 1-3 x-dates an hour depending on their skill and the area they are calling. At best 500 x-dates at 5 per hour is still 100 hours of calling x8 (min wage) is $800. just doesnt add up.

A little background on me I worked at neilson marketing services for 5 yrs I know telemarketing...

I have heard good things about Signature - If I am not mistaken the owners of signature worked at neilson marketing as well 10 yrs ago then started signature.

you should check these out as well

NEILSON MARKETING SERVICES

Welcome to Beacon Marketing

Last edited:
I have spoke with CGL before - I have NOT used them - I was in the market for X-dates - they came as a referral from the forum so I called them.

Their x-date program is unusual in that they promise exclusive x-dates pretty much on an unlimited basis - They do a monthly subscription of a min of 500 x-dates for like 450 or something like that. There is no way your generating 500 xdates for 450 bucks unless you have it already in a database there for not exclusive(promising this to every agent) especially on zero timelines (as long as you pay you get your 500) Fishy as f*** we all know it takes time to generate good organic X-dates and you cannot control the renewal date while you are x-dating, so all 500 x-date you get happen to be coming up for renewal huh?

You also have to warn them if you want to cancel because they auto bill you. Its not a deal breaker but doesnt help their case. I spoke to their sales "vp" the guy never returned my call or emailed me a count of how many x-dates he had available in my desired criteria. I ended up buying an x-date campaign from Beacon Marketing which has yielded a good amount of appointments since November.

Their appointment setting service might be great again, I have not used them... what they promise and my conversation with their "vp" turned ME off.

Unless they have a swet shop in the china they would be operating at a loss promising 500 organic x-dates for 450$ Good caller will get 1-3 x-dates an hour depending on their skill and the area they are calling. At best 500 x-dates at 5 per hour is still 100 hours of calling x8 (min wage) is $800. just doesnt add up.

A little background on me I worked at neilson marketing services for 5 yrs I know telemarketing...

I have heard good things about Signature - If I am not mistaken the owners of signature worked at neilson marketing as well 10 yrs ago then started signature.

you should check these out as well

I can 2nd this post. I was looking for some commercial leads and found this company somehow... maybe this board. I called them up and was told everything in the post above. Sounded awesome, until I got to thinking about it. Several red flags.

1- I just don't trust these would be "exclusive". No way they can generate all those x-dates for every agent that buys them and keep them exclusive.

2- I couldn't find any info online about them beyond their website. I mean zero. Not in any forum, google search, etc. I know they are relatively new, but that is very odd

3- In the phone and email exchanges with their "VP", he would never give his last name. Even his email is signed with just his initial.

I still almost called to make a one-time purchase to try it out, but then decided against it. I was convinced they are re-selling the leads somehow, maybe through a sister company if not directly to agents.

Anyway, still looking for some kind to good lead service on the commercial side. I don't think I want to go the appointment setting route yet because of money. I may hire a cold-caller to try and generate some x-dates or appointments instead.

One of the telemarketing/appt setting firms we use is getting us 20 leads/month at a rate of $280. You can Pm me if you'd like their contact info.

I have spoke with CGL before - I have NOT used them - I was in the market for X-dates - they came as a referral from the forum so I called them. Their x-date program is unusual in that they promise exclusive x-dates pretty much on an unlimited basis - They do a monthly subscription of a min of 500 x-dates for like 450 or something like that. There is no way your generating 500 xdates for 450 bucks unless you have it already in a database there for not exclusive(promising this to every agent) especially on zero timelines (as long as you pay you get your 500) Fishy as f*** we all know it takes time to generate good organic X-dates and you cannot control the renewal date while you are x-dating, so all 500 x-date you get happen to be coming up for renewal huh? You also have to warn them if you want to cancel because they auto bill you. Its not a deal breaker but doesnt help their case. I spoke to their sales "vp" the guy never returned my call or emailed me a count of how many x-dates he had available in my desired criteria. I ended up buying an x-date campaign from Beacon Marketing which has yielded a good amount of appointments since November. Their appointment setting service might be great again, I have not used them... what they promise and my conversation with their "vp" turned ME off. Unless they have a swet shop in the china they would be operating at a loss promising 500 organic x-dates for 450$ Good caller will get 1-3 x-dates an hour depending on their skill and the area they are calling. At best 500 x-dates at 5 per hour is still 100 hours of calling x8 (min wage) is $800. just doesnt add up. A little background on me I worked at neilson marketing services for 5 yrs I know telemarketing... I have heard good things about Signature - If I am not mistaken the owners of signature worked at neilson marketing as well 10 yrs ago then started signature. you should check these out as well

The real murky part is that they call them 'exclusive' - so, in theory, they can only sell an xdate once, no way you could sustain this over the years and eventually you'll run out of xdates to provide your current customers with.

We provide a similar service but we don't lead anyone to believe they're exclusive, and for a flat rate you get unlimited access to a full database. So instead of paying $450 a month for 500 xdates, you pay $100 a month for however many businesses are in your state to search whenever and however you want. If they make it known that the xdates are not exclusive, it sounds a little more reasonable, except for the cost...

The real murky part is that they call them 'exclusive' - so, in theory, they can only sell an xdate once, no way you could sustain this over the years and eventually you'll run out of xdates to provide your current customers with. We provide a similar service but we don't lead anyone to believe they're exclusive, and for a flat rate you get unlimited access to a full database. So instead of paying $450 a month for 500 xdates, you pay $100 a month for however many businesses are in your state to search whenever and however you want. If they make it known that the xdates are not exclusive, it sounds a little more reasonable, except for the cost...

Are your xdates for the business owners policy or the WC?

WC. The carrier info is included, so at the least you can assume a typical carrier (Erie, Westfield, etc) is writing the other lines concurrently, always exceptions, but that's insurance.

Back