Commercial Question for Landlord Liability

bsdavis

Hey all. I just made the jump to working for an independent after being a captive for about 10 years.
First inbound quote of the week has me a little stumped.
I need a landlords liability policy with some business property coverage for a client who is not the owner of the building she is sub letting, and will not be moving her primary dwelling to the policy.

I have access to most any carrier I could want but not sure where to go with it.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Yes, and no. I am struggling with the fact that it is habitation with a sub-letting situation.

it seems pretty straight up as a gl + contents. But once you factor in the subletting everybody starts declining it.

ok gotcha, yea, tuff call there. Some will exclude liability and contents for the subs. But if the subs burn the place down. I guess they wouldn't like that. What state are you in?

Nebraska is where the insured and I are at. :skeptical: it may be one of those times where we are going to have to admit we can't do it.

Don't you dare! call your E&S carriers. or specialty market carriers. You'll get it. those big guys don't like complicated cases. MESA UNDERWRITERS SPECIALTY INSURANCE COMPANY. try to find someone who writes these guys. they will most likely write it and beat all the big guys. I came in 2K less than formost for the year on a big case for new adventure.

Don't you dare! call your E&S carriers. or specialty market carriers. You'll get it. those big guys don't like complicated cases. MESA UNDERWRITERS SPECIALTY INSURANCE COMPANY. try to find someone who writes these guys. they will most likely write it and beat all the big guys. I came in 2K less than formost for the year on a big case for new adventure.

I was thinking that too. Go E&S on it. Premium might be high, but that is probably their only option too.

Latest posts

Back