Commission Split Question

Evan

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hey Guys,

Needed your input here. I am newly licensed with my P & C license and looking for an agency here in South Florida. The main product I want to offer is property insurance.

I have an offer to work with my buddy at Allstate with a commission split of 50/50. I would be finding, quoting and doing all work for these clients. Is this a common deal in the industry or is he being greedy.

Thanks,

That's a pretty good split considering you are bringing nothing to the table (book of business or experience). Eat what you kill baby!

Even if he'd be receiving half my commission for my clients? I wouldn't be getting anything from him-commission wise.

He is the agency owner. There are no other agents working with him.

If you have to work on commission only make sure you get residuals. Also, 50% is low for omly commission because your buddy has literally zero cost associated with a 1099 all commission employee. We pay 75% new business 75% renewal... because it's all profit to us.

QUOTE=Evan;1136510]Hey Guys,

Needed your input here. I am newly licensed with my P & C license and looking for an agency here in South Florida. The main product I want to offer is property insurance.

I have an offer to work with my buddy at Allstate with a commission split of 50/50. I would be finding, quoting and doing all work for these clients. Is this a common deal in the industry or is he being greedy.

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

If you have to work on commission only make sure you get residuals. Also, 50% is low for omly commission because your buddy has literally zero cost associated with a 1099 all commission employee. We pay 75% new business 75% renewal... because it's all profit to us.

How is it all profit to you? Are you servicing the accounts? If so, then what % do you attribute to expenses and in addition to that, opportunity costs?

Back