Comp OR Collision.....?

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
I know it's 99% collision but I'm still curious. Guy is driving car & brushes against an overhanging tree limb that takes off his mirror? Collision right?

Something that he shouldn't report.

GO to the nearest dealer and purchase a replacement.

2 screws/bolts and a little elbow grease and your rates don't go up.

No different then being struck by road debris or hitting a big pothole. It is a collision claim.

I've had similar claims run $3000+ so I would probably price the mirror before I said not to file a claim. Some mirrors have a tremendous amount of electronics in them for detectors, lights, whatever.

Dan

No different then being struck by road debris or hitting a big pothole. It is a collision claim.

I've had similar claims run $3000+ so I would probably price the mirror before I said not to file a claim. Some mirrors have a tremendous amount of electronics in them for detectors, lights, whatever.

Dan

Out of curiosity what kind of vehicle was the claim on? Was it a Lamborghini Murcielago Lp640?

I just saw an Audi A4 with a damaged side mirror, it had all the bells and whistles (sensors, lights, heated) cost was $1700 from the dealership plus labor. So yes they do get pricey.

Back