Company Changes Direction Again Marketing ?

dizzy

Expert
Company has changed the direction of underwriting 4 times in 6 years(auto). Very confusing times. I asked management who is the perfect client ? Or paint what the appetite is of the company. Or give a brief description of the general class of clients the company is now after. All I get is everyone. Marketing has been a nightmare, just market to everyone. Our placement rates is down to the low 11% on auto and 15% on homes, I switched to homes but still.

Answer from management :
The new model has over 4,000 moving parts on p/c you can't figure it out and we really don't want you trying to figure it out.

This stagey makes no sense at all, each company understand what brings the largest profit, yet it is not being communicated. Feel like we are on our own and so be it.

All customers see is my rates went up 6 times in 4 years. First we told them Zip code which it was, then it credit which it was, then it was point value and insurance risk scores features ( credit) which it was then it was, then rearmaments of discounts, eliminating some and making it harder to qualify of others, then a general rates increase ( rate revenue neutral) and there May be some dislocation ( dislocation it was a blood bath) . You might want to buy leads is what management said however, our new contract says once they are entered they are proprietary of company, 2 years.
You can have exactly 2 of the same type of client, very same everything and the premiums are $300-$600 higher for one over the other and they may mirror each other with the general information but asking for referrals has gotten almost impossible. I get "Well you did not take care of JOE", I gave you were x dollars higher, how can that be? Maybe I should check were Joe goes. it worked against me more often than for me.

WE are replacing high coverage polices with respectable coverage for lower coverage ( hence) lower commission ( oh yeah a few years back they cut that too).
Any suggestions in marketing ? Every use leads 360 for marketing ? Mailing list ? A little afraid of buying mailing lists because they want to know what your direction is and I really don't know where they are heading ? No agents have figured it out or if they did they are not sharing.

Found out from another agent that the company lost close to 80,000 policies in one year of which I did not know. Might explain dramatic steps, staring to think we are marking for the new on line company?

I am too many years in to Jump company. I need more policies, and have it take less than 45 minutes( min) to quote just one of the added features to the new software. The most we can hope for is 1 -2 households every 4 days.

The policy on the new software, it is so not user friendly. Help desk is daily to get it to function, they have been moved to speed dial. If you don't have occupation phone number drivers, social, Dry lic numbers on all, dob , vin and number of years in residence, on all drivers, it will not even quote, not even in estimate mode, It is a waste of time, the premiums listed could be +- 54% or somewhere in between, off higher or lower that is the range. So instead of a number say $565/ 6 it could be a range of $299 to $1012 . Marketing has been difficult anyone have suggestion:
leads 350 ?
Buying leads ?
If so what type under these conditions ?
I can always ask here and get great advice since, the message is mutltled and not clear from the company. Yes captive but have some freedoms.

Back