Competing Against Dishonest Agents

Sounds pretty deliberate to me too.

I did the same thing concerning a 16 year old that got an OVI and his license suspended. I simply can't afford to insure the kid on cars he will never drive anyway - hubby's brand new truck and my sexy little convertible. I excluded the kid from my policy and got him one of his own when he got work/school privileges back. But, I know exactly what I'm doing and where the gaps exist.

All you can do is throw out some WHAT-IF scenarios and see if you can change their minds.

Or walk away.

I simply can't afford to insure the kid on cars he will never drive anyway - hubby's brand new truck and my sexy little convertible. I excluded the kid from my policy and got him one of his own when he got work/school privileges back. But, I know exactly what I'm doing and where the gaps exist.

I got a good laugh from that. You know he's "never" gonna drive the the brand new truck or the little convertible that are parked at the house he lives in?

I bet you knew he wasn't gonna drink and drive when you let him take your car before too. :D

I guess I wasn't clear in my initial post, but I haven't spoken to them yet about it. They didn't insist on doing it this way. They had an Allstate policy, and since I also represent Allstate (even as an IA) I can go in and look at the policy and that is how I noticed it.

They came in today and I explained everything and they were just like "Sure, fine. Sounds good!"

So, I sold them a farm and ranch and auto, about $6,500 in annual premium.

Oh, and how about this. Their previous farm and ranch was with Chubb Agribusiness and the agent lost his contract with them. Policy was non-renewed on 4/9. The insured contacted their agent multiple times during April and the CSR at the office just said, "Don't worry, we have you covered. It's just in underwriting". Still not paying a downpayment or getting anything, she asked again about it 2 or 3 more times during the month of May and still got the same answer. You are covered, still in underwriting. That just seems utterly bizarre to me. No new application signed, no downpayment, no binder, no policy and we're coming up on 2 months.

I'm thinking this agent will reap what he sows soon.

Back