Competitive Carriers in Florida

bill777

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I currently have progressive as my main carrier and was able to beat 21st century geico and few others couple times, until some friends showed up to give them a quote and see if i can beat their price the one had foremost the other dairyland and my price came higher with progressive, both have good driving records no claims etc and wanted only basic coverage. another thing with progressive aside to the fact that they compete against me with direct they have hot zones like if a client lives in ghetto like area they bump up the price over $2,000 for 6 months basic coverage only which is outrageous.
what carriers are best for you guys in the tampa area and surroundings?
any thoughts advices will be greatly appreciated.

:1frown: No replies lol i guess no one wants to share his favorite carriers lol.
Yesterday i saved for one of my client big bucks with progressive, he had allstate and was paying $250 a month and progressive's quote came about $100.
But with some other clients progressive gives you a heart attack especially when they carry their current non standard policy with them and you're like nah i'll get it beat by a mile and the opposite happens lol.

:1frown: No replies lol i guess no one wants to share his favorite carriers lol.
Yesterday i saved for one of my client big bucks with progressive, he had allstate and was paying $250 a month and progressive's quote came about $100.
But with some other clients progressive gives you a heart attack especially when they carry their current non standard policy with them and you're like nah i'll get it beat by a mile and the opposite happens lol.

Bill, you had no other carriers you could put them with? you know how bad Progressive's policy is right?

Bill, you had no other carriers you could put them with? you know how bad Progressive's policy is right?

I have access to travelers safeco and metlife with noodle but they decline most of my clients cause they want full coverage higher than state limits clients.
Any other carriers you recomend giving a try aproaching?
So far mendota told me to wait 90 days, foremost sales represantative is on vacation for 2 weeks, infinity wants me to be 1 year in business before i work for them, unitrin doesn't appoint my area due to massive insurance fraud from the clients, others require 3 years in business etc that's my story so far lol.

Are you only selling min limits? You call yourself an insurance agent.

in my area most of my clients want minimum limits, but i do have clients wanting full coverage but not as many as the other ones.

mind sharing some advice on how you can make a client go from basic coverage to full coverage when he can't afford it?

in my area most of my clients want minimum limits, but i do have clients wanting full coverage but not as many as the other ones.

mind sharing some advice on how you can make a client go from basic coverage to full coverage when he can't afford it?

it costs very little to increase coverages.

Remove rental car to pay for it, raise deducts, run the spouse as head of houseold, if your state runs credit.

my god, are you really an agent? Did someone train you? YOUR JOB is to explain the consequences of them having in-sufficent coverages.

I hope to hell that you have great E&O coverage, and not the minimum....

Are you the principal or a producer?

it costs very little to increase coverages.

Remove rental car to pay for it, raise deducts, run the spouse as head of houseold, if your state runs credit.

my god, are you really an agent? Did someone train you? YOUR JOB is to explain the consequences of them having in-sufficent coverages.

I hope to hell that you have great E&O coverage, and not the minimum....

Are you the principal or a producer?

thanks for the advices i'm a newbie agent by the way but learning fast.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
RBA,
What is so bad about Progressive's policy?

they discriminate your home address lol,
for example if a client lives in the hood/ghetto like areas he pays triple the price than if he was living somewhere else, at least that's the case with my area.
Is this fair?

Last edited:
Back