Coverage for Moving Company

dhensonsc

I have a moving company that I' trying to write. What covers the movers from the time they move an item out of the home, i.e. a piano, to the time it is loaded on the truck? My client is telling they're not cover for that period of time with their current policy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Moving things into or out of a truck/car is often times covered under the auto policy language. So they will have an auto policy that picks up that exposure then a motor truck cargo policy to cover the goods while in transit. Try movers choice program

Thanks for the input. Commercial insurance is way tougher than home and auto. Any advice on selecting a niche market for a new agent with 25 years consumer & auto finance management experience? I certainly would appreciate any nuggets of info from veterans.

Thanks for the input. Commercial insurance is way tougher than home and auto. Any advice on selecting a niche market for a new agent with 25 years consumer & auto finance management experience? I certainly would appreciate any nuggets of info from veterans.

Do you know anyone else in auto finance? ie, in a car dealership?
I've seen some agencies blossom because they had a desk in a successful auto dealership.

There are several specialty markets that write this class of business that will pick up the exposure under the GL by extending coverage under Care Custody and Control. Since they usually only provide a smaller sub limit, you would still need to quote a Cargo policy. I have numerous markets for this class of business depending on what State they are in. California requires a Cargo filing for this class of business.

Be happy to help you with this..

Good luck.

Back