CSE Insurance (Regional SW Carrier)

Has anybody ever heard of them or have done business with them? I am currently trying to get appointed but I would like to know are they competitive in the state of CA?

I see they give discounts for teachers/Teachers Aids/Public workers in general so that sounds great. Can anyone give me any feedback from them?

CSE Insurance Group

Thank you in advance.

Been using them for a few years. The underwriting is pretty tough and the technology is poor. Up until they got a new AE over there last year they seemingly didn't even want business. I find that in AZ,CA,NV that they compete most with Hartford and generally I only write them for the previously mentioned teachers, police, firefighters, postal workers etc because the discounts are good for those (they will also check if they really are). Overall I'd say it is worth going for but they won't blow you away or make up a big % of your business

Been using them for a few years. The underwriting is pretty tough and the technology is poor. Up until they got a new AE over there last year they seemingly didn't even want business. I find that in AZ,CA,NV that they compete most with Hartford and generally I only write them for the previously mentioned teachers, police, firefighters, postal workers etc because the discounts are good for those (they will also check if they really are). Overall I'd say it is worth going for but they won't blow you away or make up a big % of your business

Sounds good I am getting an appointment with them so hopefully the underwriting thing isn't too much of a hurdle. I do like the discounts on some of the mentioned job classes so that's great. Thank you for your response Rick.

Good luck with them and don't sweat the underwriting too much, it's just a bit unusual at 1st to have such hardcore uw'ing on cookie cutter auto/home policies.

Back